Salt Lake police
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are asking for the public's help to identify an armed man who they say robbed a Salt Lake Wal-Mart Monday.
A man entered Wal-Mart, 350 W. Hope Ave., about 12:25 p.m. Monday. Before leaving, the man paid for some items. But loss prevention personnel observed him concealing other items on his person, according to Salt Lake police.
The man resisted and was combative as employees attempted to keep him from exiting the store, police said. Employees were able to contain the man in an office until they say he produced a weapon and was allowed to leave the store.
Police described the man as a white adult in his early 20s, 5 feet, 7 inches tall, with long blonde hair. He was wearing jeans, a silver or gray jacket and a black hat. He was last seen driving away from the store in a green GMC Jimmy with Utah license plates.
Police ask anyone with information to call 801-799-3000. Anonymous tips may be sent by texting "TIPSLCPD" and any relevant information to CRIMES 274637.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 75
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 28
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25