Salt Lake police
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are asking for the public's help to identify an armed man who they say robbed a Salt Lake Wal-Mart Monday.
A man entered Wal-Mart, 350 W. Hope Ave., about 12:25 p.m. Monday. Before leaving, the man paid for some items. But loss prevention personnel observed him concealing other items on his person, according to Salt Lake police.
The man resisted and was combative as employees attempted to keep him from exiting the store, police said. Employees were able to contain the man in an office until they say he produced a weapon and was allowed to leave the store.
Police described the man as a white adult in his early 20s, 5 feet, 7 inches tall, with long blonde hair. He was wearing jeans, a silver or gray jacket and a black hat. He was last seen driving away from the store in a green GMC Jimmy with Utah license plates.
Police ask anyone with information to call 801-799-3000. Anonymous tips may be sent by texting "TIPSLCPD" and any relevant information to CRIMES 274637.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Summer Sounds: Train, The Wallflowers play...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 15
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9