Salt Lake police
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are asking for the public's help to identify an armed man who they say robbed a Salt Lake Wal-Mart Monday.
A man entered Wal-Mart, 350 W. Hope Ave., about 12:25 p.m. Monday. Before leaving, the man paid for some items. But loss prevention personnel observed him concealing other items on his person, according to Salt Lake police.
The man resisted and was combative as employees attempted to keep him from exiting the store, police said. Employees were able to contain the man in an office until they say he produced a weapon and was allowed to leave the store.
Police described the man as a white adult in his early 20s, 5 feet, 7 inches tall, with long blonde hair. He was wearing jeans, a silver or gray jacket and a black hat. He was last seen driving away from the store in a green GMC Jimmy with Utah license plates.
Police ask anyone with information to call 801-799-3000. Anonymous tips may be sent by texting "TIPSLCPD" and any relevant information to CRIMES 274637.
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- Man falls 70 feet to his death in Provo
- Man shot dead in Midvale; alleged shooter in...
- 4 arrested in connection with fatal Cedar...
- Midvale killing may be case of self-defense,...
- Pregnant woman killed in collision with...
- Man shot in crowded Liberty Park during...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 80
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17