Salt Lake police
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are asking for the public's help to identify an armed man who they say robbed a Salt Lake Wal-Mart Monday.
A man entered Wal-Mart, 350 W. Hope Ave., about 12:25 p.m. Monday. Before leaving, the man paid for some items. But loss prevention personnel observed him concealing other items on his person, according to Salt Lake police.
The man resisted and was combative as employees attempted to keep him from exiting the store, police said. Employees were able to contain the man in an office until they say he produced a weapon and was allowed to leave the store.
Police described the man as a white adult in his early 20s, 5 feet, 7 inches tall, with long blonde hair. He was wearing jeans, a silver or gray jacket and a black hat. He was last seen driving away from the store in a green GMC Jimmy with Utah license plates.
Police ask anyone with information to call 801-799-3000. Anonymous tips may be sent by texting "TIPSLCPD" and any relevant information to CRIMES 274637.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Judge tosses snowboarders' lawsuit demanding...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- Granite School District reminds teachers of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Bingham High students walk out over... 95
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 28
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18