NEPHI — The new Juab County Courthouse will be open for business beginning Tuesday, Feb. 18. The new 8,700-square-foot building is located at 102 E. 100 North.
The new facility houses one courtroom, a judge's chambers, juvenile probation offices, and administrative space. The courthouse incorporates current court design guidelines, including a secure prisoner holding area and transport corridor, video surveillance, a dedicated security screening area at the public entrance, secure judicial parking, and a secure clerical work area.
The courthouse replaces an existing court facility that was outdated and did not meet design and security requirements. The existing court facility was initially built in 1923 as a high school. In 1980, the building was remodeled for use as the county courthouse and administration building. In 1995, an addition was completed.
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Utah woman's secret: Ted Bundy tried to kill...
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Women called heroes for reviving high school...
- Heber boy in custody battle found in Tulsa...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 50
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 49
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 48
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- Waiting on 'young invincibles' 40
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 25