NEPHI — The new Juab County Courthouse will be open for business beginning Tuesday, Feb. 18. The new 8,700-square-foot building is located at 102 E. 100 North.
The new facility houses one courtroom, a judge's chambers, juvenile probation offices, and administrative space. The courthouse incorporates current court design guidelines, including a secure prisoner holding area and transport corridor, video surveillance, a dedicated security screening area at the public entrance, secure judicial parking, and a secure clerical work area.
The courthouse replaces an existing court facility that was outdated and did not meet design and security requirements. The existing court facility was initially built in 1923 as a high school. In 1980, the building was remodeled for use as the county courthouse and administration building. In 1995, an addition was completed.
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- Man falls 70 feet to his death in Provo
- Man shot dead in Midvale; alleged shooter in...
- 4 arrested in connection with fatal Cedar...
- Midvale killing may be case of self-defense,...
- Pregnant woman killed in collision with...
- Man shot in crowded Liberty Park during...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 80
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17