Jordan Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — John Nixon will join the University of Utah in a newly created role of chief business officer effective March 1.
Nixon is the former director of the Governor’s Office of Planning and Budget for the state of Utah and is current director of the Department of Technology, Management and Budget and state budget director for the state of Michigan.
Nixon will focus on optimizing the use of resources and increasing administrative efficiencies.
Nixon was named Public Official of the Year in 2012 by Governing magazine, which cited his role in Michigan’s economic turnaround. In 2008 he was named Chief Financial Officer of the Year for the public sector by Utah Business Magazine.
“I’ve been blessed to work with some innovative and dynamic leaders in my career, and I am excited to bring my expertise to help move the university forward,” said Nixon. “The same fiscal principles and administrative efficiencies that have fueled Michigan’s comeback can now be put into practice at the university to lead us to the next stage of our bright future.”
Nixon graduated from BYU in corporate finance and has a Master of Business Administration from the U.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18