Jordan Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — John Nixon will join the University of Utah in a newly created role of chief business officer effective March 1.
Nixon is the former director of the Governor’s Office of Planning and Budget for the state of Utah and is current director of the Department of Technology, Management and Budget and state budget director for the state of Michigan.
Nixon will focus on optimizing the use of resources and increasing administrative efficiencies.
Nixon was named Public Official of the Year in 2012 by Governing magazine, which cited his role in Michigan’s economic turnaround. In 2008 he was named Chief Financial Officer of the Year for the public sector by Utah Business Magazine.
“I’ve been blessed to work with some innovative and dynamic leaders in my career, and I am excited to bring my expertise to help move the university forward,” said Nixon. “The same fiscal principles and administrative efficiencies that have fueled Michigan’s comeback can now be put into practice at the university to lead us to the next stage of our bright future.”
Nixon graduated from BYU in corporate finance and has a Master of Business Administration from the U.
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Utah construction companies fined, ordered to...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 42
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16