Jordan Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — John Nixon will join the University of Utah in a newly created role of chief business officer effective March 1.
Nixon is the former director of the Governor’s Office of Planning and Budget for the state of Utah and is current director of the Department of Technology, Management and Budget and state budget director for the state of Michigan.
Nixon will focus on optimizing the use of resources and increasing administrative efficiencies.
Nixon was named Public Official of the Year in 2012 by Governing magazine, which cited his role in Michigan’s economic turnaround. In 2008 he was named Chief Financial Officer of the Year for the public sector by Utah Business Magazine.
“I’ve been blessed to work with some innovative and dynamic leaders in my career, and I am excited to bring my expertise to help move the university forward,” said Nixon. “The same fiscal principles and administrative efficiencies that have fueled Michigan’s comeback can now be put into practice at the university to lead us to the next stage of our bright future.”
Nixon graduated from BYU in corporate finance and has a Master of Business Administration from the U.
- Women innovators leading by example
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 16
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10