Alex Boyé teams up with One Voice Children's Choir and Lexi Walker for Africanized 'Let It Go'
Alex Boyé, the LDS singer-songwriter who has experience putting his own spin on popular songs, released an Africanized version of "Let It Go" from Disney's "Frozen" Thursday.
Boyé tells the story of how the song and music video came to be in the description on the video's YouTube page:
"I went out of town for work and when I got back, my wife Julie told me, 'You've got to hear this.' She puts on the music and my little 4-year-old Adanna struts and shimmies across the living room singing every single word of 'Let It Go' with feeling and reckless abandonment (sic)!! Along with every other kid in the country, she got 'Frozenitis'! My mind immediately started racing, and I thought, 'I HAVE TO Africanize this!'"
Boyé collaborated with the Midway Ice Castles for a location and the Salt Lake City-based One Voice Children's Choir for vocals. The video also features young Lexi Walker in the role of lead singer, Elsa. Walker received attention last year after performing the national anthem at a Real Salt Lake game. The YouTube video of her performance has more than 181,000 views.
Comments on the video have been positive.
"So beautiful! Thank you," said commenter Anne Stilwill.
"That little girl's voice is amazing!!!" Natalie P. wrote on YouTube.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- The dark side of how society treats boys
- 9 Mormon moments in Sundance Film Festival...
- Dear Dad, you’re doing it all wrong (a...
- Motherhood Matters: What do you focus on?
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Why you don't want your...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Southern California conference... 15
- Pornography addiction: another reason... 11
- Faith and family are driving forces for... 9
- The dark side of how society treats boys 9
- The U.S. could do much more for abused... 7
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Yes, women and... 3
- From the Homefront: The good game:... 2