Alex Boyé teams up with One Voice Children's Choir and Lexi Walker for Africanized 'Let It Go'
Alex Boyé, the LDS singer-songwriter who has experience putting his own spin on popular songs, released an Africanized version of "Let It Go" from Disney's "Frozen" Thursday.
Boyé tells the story of how the song and music video came to be in the description on the video's YouTube page:
"I went out of town for work and when I got back, my wife Julie told me, 'You've got to hear this.' She puts on the music and my little 4-year-old Adanna struts and shimmies across the living room singing every single word of 'Let It Go' with feeling and reckless abandonment (sic)!! Along with every other kid in the country, she got 'Frozenitis'! My mind immediately started racing, and I thought, 'I HAVE TO Africanize this!'"
Boyé collaborated with the Midway Ice Castles for a location and the Salt Lake City-based One Voice Children's Choir for vocals. The video also features young Lexi Walker in the role of lead singer, Elsa. Walker received attention last year after performing the national anthem at a Real Salt Lake game. The YouTube video of her performance has more than 181,000 views.
Comments on the video have been positive.
"So beautiful! Thank you," said commenter Anne Stilwill.
"That little girl's voice is amazing!!!" Natalie P. wrote on YouTube.
- 3 Utah mothers to compete in U.S. Olympic...
- Valentine's Day is the day to see loved ones...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: The romance of restraint
- The Clean Cut: Kelly Clarkson announces...
- The heart of the matter: What your pulse says...
- Erin Stewart: To my husband on Valentine's Day
- Doris Kearns Goodwin: 'Tell and retell...
- Free marriage check-up clinic offered at...
- If Splenda gives Swiss rats cancer,... 5
- Valentine's Day is the day to see loved... 2
- Doris Kearns Goodwin: 'Tell and retell... 1
- Erin Stewart: To my husband on... 1
- The Clean Cut: Chicago Blackhawks... 0
- Creators of Love Taza blog encourage... 0
- Orchestra of Southern Utah Children's... 0
- The heart of the matter: What your... 0