Alex Boyé teams up with One Voice Children's Choir and Lexi Walker for Africanized 'Let It Go'
Alex Boyé, the LDS singer-songwriter who has experience putting his own spin on popular songs, released an Africanized version of "Let It Go" from Disney's "Frozen" Thursday.
Boyé tells the story of how the song and music video came to be in the description on the video's YouTube page:
"I went out of town for work and when I got back, my wife Julie told me, 'You've got to hear this.' She puts on the music and my little 4-year-old Adanna struts and shimmies across the living room singing every single word of 'Let It Go' with feeling and reckless abandonment (sic)!! Along with every other kid in the country, she got 'Frozenitis'! My mind immediately started racing, and I thought, 'I HAVE TO Africanize this!'"
Boyé collaborated with the Midway Ice Castles for a location and the Salt Lake City-based One Voice Children's Choir for vocals. The video also features young Lexi Walker in the role of lead singer, Elsa. Walker received attention last year after performing the national anthem at a Real Salt Lake game. The YouTube video of her performance has more than 181,000 views.
Comments on the video have been positive.
"So beautiful! Thank you," said commenter Anne Stilwill.
"That little girl's voice is amazing!!!" Natalie P. wrote on YouTube.
- How your premarital experiences can affect...
- Couple struggling with fertility now...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for Amendment...
- Utah's One Voice Children's Choir to perform...
- 32 pictures capture priceless family moments...
- How to talk to your kids about porn
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000. Here...
- Insights from the Behavioral Science Guy: The...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 44
- How your premarital experiences can... 11
- Want to increase attraction in your... 6
- Kids' brains reorganize when learning... 5
- Innovative legal service helps those... 4
- Couple struggling with fertility now... 4
- Utah State Bar's lawyer referral... 3
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000.... 3