One writer at babble.com, a parenting discussion website, recently explained seven misconceptions he had about being a father. Coming up in a traditional family, the writer, named “Cody,” expected things to go a certain way. But how things actually unfolded were surprising to him, he said.
“Becoming a father for the first time will bring surprises to every man,” he wrote. “The amount of time and dedication is far greater than I anticipated. And the amount of worry and stress that can be caused by one child alone has also been a surprise. But that’s parenting.”
- Best and worst states to have a baby
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- 20 things I will not regret doing with my kids
- The Clean Cut: New 'Simba cam' takes over...
- 'Maze Runner,' based on Utah author's novel,...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Where do we draw the line on spanking?
- Motherhood Matters: 3 ways to embrace your...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Where do we draw the line on spanking? 14
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale... 9
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working... 5
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be... 4
- 25 ways I know my husband loves me 4
- Why a parent going to prison can be... 4
- 'Maze Runner,' based on Utah author's... 3