One writer at babble.com, a parenting discussion website, recently explained seven misconceptions he had about being a father. Coming up in a traditional family, the writer, named “Cody,” expected things to go a certain way. But how things actually unfolded were surprising to him, he said.
“Becoming a father for the first time will bring surprises to every man,” he wrote. “The amount of time and dedication is far greater than I anticipated. And the amount of worry and stress that can be caused by one child alone has also been a surprise. But that’s parenting.”
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes
- Bittersweet Christmas: A woman ponders the...
- 'American Idol' alum Brooke White creates...
- The 37 most charitable celebrities
- 4 interactive ways to teach your kids about...
- Over and out: TV flops, exits and endings in...
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 16
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey... 7
- Black Captain America leading comic... 6
- What did Utahns search for in 2014?... 6
- 'Five Armies' brings the Hobbit trilogy... 4
- School lunch 'blech' factor may go down... 3
- Why you should think twice before... 3
- Want a smart kid? Stay away from these... 2