Toby Talbot, Associated Press
SALT LAKE CITY — The Home Depot announced Wednesday that the company will be hiring 525 associates in Salt Lake City and 80,000 nationwide in preparation for spring — its busiest selling season.
The positions will be part-time seasonal jobs, according to spokeswoman Becca Tynes.
Based in Atlanta, the company operates more than 2,200 stores across North America with more than 300,000 associates. The company has 22 stores in Utah and employs 4,055 workers in the Beehive State, Tynes said.
In fiscal year 2012, The Home Depot recorded sales of $74.8 billion and earnings of $4.5 billion. Last year, the company reported revenues of approximately $19.5 billion during the third quarter, with $1.4 billion in earnings for the period.
— Jasen Lee
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26