Toby Talbot, Associated Press
SALT LAKE CITY — The Home Depot announced Wednesday that the company will be hiring 525 associates in Salt Lake City and 80,000 nationwide in preparation for spring — its busiest selling season.
The positions will be part-time seasonal jobs, according to spokeswoman Becca Tynes.
Based in Atlanta, the company operates more than 2,200 stores across North America with more than 300,000 associates. The company has 22 stores in Utah and employs 4,055 workers in the Beehive State, Tynes said.
In fiscal year 2012, The Home Depot recorded sales of $74.8 billion and earnings of $4.5 billion. Last year, the company reported revenues of approximately $19.5 billion during the third quarter, with $1.4 billion in earnings for the period.
— Jasen Lee
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11