Toby Talbot, Associated Press
SALT LAKE CITY — The Home Depot announced Wednesday that the company will be hiring 525 associates in Salt Lake City and 80,000 nationwide in preparation for spring — its busiest selling season.
The positions will be part-time seasonal jobs, according to spokeswoman Becca Tynes.
Based in Atlanta, the company operates more than 2,200 stores across North America with more than 300,000 associates. The company has 22 stores in Utah and employs 4,055 workers in the Beehive State, Tynes said.
In fiscal year 2012, The Home Depot recorded sales of $74.8 billion and earnings of $4.5 billion. Last year, the company reported revenues of approximately $19.5 billion during the third quarter, with $1.4 billion in earnings for the period.
— Jasen Lee
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 86
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 27
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 16
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16