Toby Talbot, Associated Press
SALT LAKE CITY — The Home Depot announced Wednesday that the company will be hiring 525 associates in Salt Lake City and 80,000 nationwide in preparation for spring — its busiest selling season.
The positions will be part-time seasonal jobs, according to spokeswoman Becca Tynes.
Based in Atlanta, the company operates more than 2,200 stores across North America with more than 300,000 associates. The company has 22 stores in Utah and employs 4,055 workers in the Beehive State, Tynes said.
In fiscal year 2012, The Home Depot recorded sales of $74.8 billion and earnings of $4.5 billion. Last year, the company reported revenues of approximately $19.5 billion during the third quarter, with $1.4 billion in earnings for the period.
— Jasen Lee
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Payson to hold hearing on proposed tax increase
- UDOT plans to upgrade Redwood Road in...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 27
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14