Toby Talbot, Associated Press
SALT LAKE CITY — The Home Depot announced Wednesday that the company will be hiring 525 associates in Salt Lake City and 80,000 nationwide in preparation for spring — its busiest selling season.
The positions will be part-time seasonal jobs, according to spokeswoman Becca Tynes.
Based in Atlanta, the company operates more than 2,200 stores across North America with more than 300,000 associates. The company has 22 stores in Utah and employs 4,055 workers in the Beehive State, Tynes said.
In fiscal year 2012, The Home Depot recorded sales of $74.8 billion and earnings of $4.5 billion. Last year, the company reported revenues of approximately $19.5 billion during the third quarter, with $1.4 billion in earnings for the period.
— Jasen Lee
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy shine...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Photos: Here comes the sun
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 32
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11