Valentine's Day is one of those holidays that tends to sneak up on people. Although paper hearts and boxes of chocolates have been on the shelves since January, sometimes life gets busy and people forget to plan a way to express their love and gratitude to loved ones.
Here is a list of last-minute gift ideas sure to make your sweetie feel like you have been planning their surprise for weeks.
1. Breakfast in bed
Most people think Valentine's Day has to be an evening event — reservations for dinner at a swanky restaurant, a night out, etc. However, some schedules aren't very accommodating to night activities, so why not surprise your significant other with breakfast instead? Make sure to do the whole works and get bonus points with a couple of flowers in a vase.
The traditional flowers and chocolate route is something that could easily be achieved last minute. Not wanting to pay a fortune for a dozen roses? Try looking at the flower sale section in the grocery store. Sometimes you can get 10 flowers and only have to toss out two to get a really nice looking bouquet. Also, try looking for flowers at wholesale stores like Costco and Sam's Club.
Continue reading: Did you forget what day it is? Last-minute Valentine's Day gifts.
- 60 things you might not know about your...
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- Face time vs. screen time: The technological...
- BYU announces Mitt Romney, Disney...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its parks
- Parenting advice that changed my life
- Road Home to use Midvale shelter one more...
- It's about time the government... 12
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Social problems... 7
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 7
- Parents respond to Nicki Minaj's 'vile'... 7
- Erin Stewart: Parents: Stop pushing... 6
- In the Whirled: World peace and the... 5
- The Clean Cut: CBS News features boy... 5
- Parenting advice that changed my life 4