Valentine's Day is one of those holidays that tends to sneak up on people. Although paper hearts and boxes of chocolates have been on the shelves since January, sometimes life gets busy and people forget to plan a way to express their love and gratitude to loved ones.
Here is a list of last-minute gift ideas sure to make your sweetie feel like you have been planning their surprise for weeks.
1. Breakfast in bed
Most people think Valentine's Day has to be an evening event — reservations for dinner at a swanky restaurant, a night out, etc. However, some schedules aren't very accommodating to night activities, so why not surprise your significant other with breakfast instead? Make sure to do the whole works and get bonus points with a couple of flowers in a vase.
The traditional flowers and chocolate route is something that could easily be achieved last minute. Not wanting to pay a fortune for a dozen roses? Try looking at the flower sale section in the grocery store. Sometimes you can get 10 flowers and only have to toss out two to get a really nice looking bouquet. Also, try looking for flowers at wholesale stores like Costco and Sam's Club.
Continue reading: Did you forget what day it is? Last-minute Valentine's Day gifts.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- The dark side of how society treats boys
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- 9 Mormon moments in Sundance Film Festival...
- Dear Dad, you’re doing it all wrong (a...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Why you don't want your...
- 7 unique adventure dates for two, on the cheap
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Southern California conference... 16
- Pornography addiction: another reason... 11
- Faith and family are driving forces for... 9
- The dark side of how society treats boys 9
- The U.S. could do much more for abused... 7
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Yes, women and... 3
- From the Homefront: The good game:... 2