Beyoncé cheers on BYU's Kate Hansen and her dance moves
NBC/ YouTube screen shot
By now, anyone who is interested in the Winter Olympics is likely aware of Brigham Young University student Kate Hansen and her pre-race dance routine — and that now includes American pop artist Beyoncé Knowles.
As Hansen waited to compete in the luge event Monday for the United States, many were caught off-guard by her unconventional approach to preparing. Hansen was spotted on camera several times with headphones on, busting a move. And although she did not medal in the women's luge event, coming in at 10th place, Hansen has continued to make headlines.
In a post-race interview with NBC, Hansen explained the kind of music she listens to before competing.
"Strictly Beyoncé," Hansen said. "My girl, B! She just gets me fierce and I get stoked. I've got good mojo on, so it's how I roll."
@_Tomboy_Barbie beyonce. Every time. Can't help it ya know?&mdash; Kate Hansen (@k8ertotz) February 9, 2014
Shortly after Hansen announced Beyoncé as her motivation, the pop artist responded by posting a story about Hansen on her Facebook page.
Hundreds responded to the post, including the official Facebook account for Brigham Young University.
The university posted: "Thanks for sharing, Beyoncé. We're proud of our dancing Olympian. Top 10 in the world!"
The USA Luge Facebook page also commented: "Wow! Thank you Beyoncé! I'm sure Kate would love to show you her moves in person."
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- 'American Idol' alum Brooke White creates...
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- The 37 most charitable celebrities
- 4 interactive ways to teach your kids about...
- Bittersweet Christmas: A woman ponders the...
- Over and out: TV flops, exits and endings in...
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 16
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey... 7
- School lunch 'blech' factor may go down... 4
- 'Five Armies' brings the Hobbit trilogy... 4
- Why you should think twice before... 3
- Some communities suggest penalizing... 3
- Want a smart kid? Stay away from these... 2
- Bittersweet Christmas: A woman ponders... 2