Beyoncé cheers on BYU's Kate Hansen and her dance moves
NBC/ YouTube screen shot
By now, anyone who is interested in the Winter Olympics is likely aware of Brigham Young University student Kate Hansen and her pre-race dance routine — and that now includes American pop artist Beyoncé Knowles.
As Hansen waited to compete in the luge event Monday for the United States, many were caught off-guard by her unconventional approach to preparing. Hansen was spotted on camera several times with headphones on, busting a move. And although she did not medal in the women's luge event, coming in at 10th place, Hansen has continued to make headlines.
In a post-race interview with NBC, Hansen explained the kind of music she listens to before competing.
"Strictly Beyoncé," Hansen said. "My girl, B! She just gets me fierce and I get stoked. I've got good mojo on, so it's how I roll."
@_Tomboy_Barbie beyonce. Every time. Can't help it ya know?&mdash; Kate Hansen (@k8ertotz) February 9, 2014
Shortly after Hansen announced Beyoncé as her motivation, the pop artist responded by posting a story about Hansen on her Facebook page.
Hundreds responded to the post, including the official Facebook account for Brigham Young University.
The university posted: "Thanks for sharing, Beyoncé. We're proud of our dancing Olympian. Top 10 in the world!"
The USA Luge Facebook page also commented: "Wow! Thank you Beyoncé! I'm sure Kate would love to show you her moves in person."
- Sherry Young: A mother's glimpse into life...
- Mother, former LDS seminary teacher creates...
- Understanding love, handling conflict, other...
- The Clean Cut: 5-year-old British boy reacts...
- Ground to be broken Thursday afternoon for...
- Don't underestimate the glitter and the pink:...
- UTubers: Gardiner Sisters release One...
- Why parents and teachers should talk about...
- Parents who have no problem getting... 7
- Teens are shopping more like their... 6
- Sherry Young: A mother's glimpse into... 5
- Ground to be broken Thursday afternoon... 5
- World-famous DJ Kaskade to perform free... 2
- Why parents and teachers should talk... 2
- How to keep your child from becoming a... 1
- Calling someone 'skinny' is not a... 1