Beyoncé cheers on BYU's Kate Hansen and her dance moves
NBC/ YouTube screen shot
By now, anyone who is interested in the Winter Olympics is likely aware of Brigham Young University student Kate Hansen and her pre-race dance routine — and that now includes American pop artist Beyoncé Knowles.
As Hansen waited to compete in the luge event Monday for the United States, many were caught off-guard by her unconventional approach to preparing. Hansen was spotted on camera several times with headphones on, busting a move. And although she did not medal in the women's luge event, coming in at 10th place, Hansen has continued to make headlines.
In a post-race interview with NBC, Hansen explained the kind of music she listens to before competing.
"Strictly Beyoncé," Hansen said. "My girl, B! She just gets me fierce and I get stoked. I've got good mojo on, so it's how I roll."
@_Tomboy_Barbie beyonce. Every time. Can't help it ya know?&mdash; Kate Hansen (@k8ertotz) February 9, 2014
Shortly after Hansen announced Beyoncé as her motivation, the pop artist responded by posting a story about Hansen on her Facebook page.
Hundreds responded to the post, including the official Facebook account for Brigham Young University.
The university posted: "Thanks for sharing, Beyoncé. We're proud of our dancing Olympian. Top 10 in the world!"
The USA Luge Facebook page also commented: "Wow! Thank you Beyoncé! I'm sure Kate would love to show you her moves in person."
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Disney and Pixar movie quiz: 25 quotes from...
- Expert advice on no-spank discipline that...
- The Clean Cut: Modern-day good Samaritan...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- The Clean Cut: Lindsey Stirling visits the...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 30
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to... 16
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks... 10
- This type of high school can increase... 8
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge... 8
- Expert advice on no-spank discipline... 8
- It's 2014: Are all our schools... 6
- Watch: Wheatley conference on family 5