Beyoncé cheers on BYU's Kate Hansen and her dance moves
NBC/ YouTube screen shot
By now, anyone who is interested in the Winter Olympics is likely aware of Brigham Young University student Kate Hansen and her pre-race dance routine — and that now includes American pop artist Beyoncé Knowles.
As Hansen waited to compete in the luge event Monday for the United States, many were caught off-guard by her unconventional approach to preparing. Hansen was spotted on camera several times with headphones on, busting a move. And although she did not medal in the women's luge event, coming in at 10th place, Hansen has continued to make headlines.
In a post-race interview with NBC, Hansen explained the kind of music she listens to before competing.
"Strictly Beyoncé," Hansen said. "My girl, B! She just gets me fierce and I get stoked. I've got good mojo on, so it's how I roll."
@_Tomboy_Barbie beyonce. Every time. Can't help it ya know?&mdash; Kate Hansen (@k8ertotz) February 9, 2014
Shortly after Hansen announced Beyoncé as her motivation, the pop artist responded by posting a story about Hansen on her Facebook page.
Hundreds responded to the post, including the official Facebook account for Brigham Young University.
The university posted: "Thanks for sharing, Beyoncé. We're proud of our dancing Olympian. Top 10 in the world!"
The USA Luge Facebook page also commented: "Wow! Thank you Beyoncé! I'm sure Kate would love to show you her moves in person."
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- The Clean Cut: Child plays peekaboo with...
- Understanding love, handling conflict, other...
- Nonprofit intervention program in Arizona...
- After having a baby, dad's brain changes too
- Family of teenage girl with burns on 65...
- Baby boomers are not selling off homes, but...
- UTubers: Hailey Devine takes fans to Fiji
- Why do we need an R-rated Hobbit movie? 18
- Want your marriage to last? Have... 13
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a... 11
- As Common Core results trickle in,... 8
- The Clean Cut: 5-year-old British boy... 3
- The Clean Cut: Children taste dark... 3
- Baby boomers are not selling off homes,... 3
- Intuition: The sweet spot between... 2