Beyoncé cheers on BYU's Kate Hansen and her dance moves
NBC/ YouTube screen shot
By now, anyone who is interested in the Winter Olympics is likely aware of Brigham Young University student Kate Hansen and her pre-race dance routine — and that now includes American pop artist Beyoncé Knowles.
As Hansen waited to compete in the luge event Monday for the United States, many were caught off-guard by her unconventional approach to preparing. Hansen was spotted on camera several times with headphones on, busting a move. And although she did not medal in the women's luge event, coming in at 10th place, Hansen has continued to make headlines.
In a post-race interview with NBC, Hansen explained the kind of music she listens to before competing.
"Strictly Beyoncé," Hansen said. "My girl, B! She just gets me fierce and I get stoked. I've got good mojo on, so it's how I roll."
@_Tomboy_Barbie beyonce. Every time. Can't help it ya know?&mdash; Kate Hansen (@k8ertotz) February 9, 2014
Shortly after Hansen announced Beyoncé as her motivation, the pop artist responded by posting a story about Hansen on her Facebook page.
Hundreds responded to the post, including the official Facebook account for Brigham Young University.
The university posted: "Thanks for sharing, Beyoncé. We're proud of our dancing Olympian. Top 10 in the world!"
The USA Luge Facebook page also commented: "Wow! Thank you Beyoncé! I'm sure Kate would love to show you her moves in person."
- Provo's Waffle Love made time for church...
- 'Just Let Go' takes an unflinching look at...
- Does your child struggle to focus? Here's why...
- The cost of child care trumps rent —...
- The Clean Cut: Peewee football players dance...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- New York Times best-selling author talks...
- Motherhood Matters: How running helped me...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: To the mom who... 7
- Here’s a look at Disney’s... 5
- The cost of child care trumps rent... 5
- 5 amazing true stories of fate bringing... 3
- My view: Teenagers need environments... 3
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: Your presence is... 2
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending 2
- Sherry Young: Dreams of these three... 2