Carolyn Kaster, Associated Press
America transforming into a nation of part-time jobs because of the Affordable Care Act might just be a myth, according to The Atlantic. Writer Derek Thompson published five graphs that showed how part-time employment stacks up during the Obama administration, promoting the idea that America isn’t becoming a nation full of part-time jobs.
“It is a free country, and journalists have every constitutional right to claim that we're moving toward a part-time America,” wrote Thompson. “They will, however, be in the uncomfortable position of making a falsifiable statement that has been relentlessly falsified by every available statistic. The entire increase in part-time employment happened before Obamacare became a law.”
- The 37 most charitable celebrities
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- 'American Idol' alum Brooke White creates...
- Bittersweet Christmas: A woman ponders the...
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- Over and out: TV flops, exits and endings in...
- Prepackaged caramel apples linked to 4...
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 32
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 16
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25... 15
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey... 7
- Black Captain America leading comic... 6
- What did Utahns search for in 2014?... 6