Carolyn Kaster, Associated Press
America transforming into a nation of part-time jobs because of the Affordable Care Act might just be a myth, according to The Atlantic. Writer Derek Thompson published five graphs that showed how part-time employment stacks up during the Obama administration, promoting the idea that America isn’t becoming a nation full of part-time jobs.
“It is a free country, and journalists have every constitutional right to claim that we're moving toward a part-time America,” wrote Thompson. “They will, however, be in the uncomfortable position of making a falsifiable statement that has been relentlessly falsified by every available statistic. The entire increase in part-time employment happened before Obamacare became a law.”
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- In music video, boy band tells Provo women...
- Ballet to Broadway: Two Utah-native siblings...
- 25 ways I know my husband loves me
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- 'Amazing Race' winner beats testicular cancer
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose... 45
- Character counts, but politics, gender... 28
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 20
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Why do Elsa's and Anna's parents have... 6
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5
- Lawmakers prep to discuss Healthy Utah... 5