Carolyn Kaster, Associated Press
America transforming into a nation of part-time jobs because of the Affordable Care Act might just be a myth, according to The Atlantic. Writer Derek Thompson published five graphs that showed how part-time employment stacks up during the Obama administration, promoting the idea that America isn’t becoming a nation full of part-time jobs.
“It is a free country, and journalists have every constitutional right to claim that we're moving toward a part-time America,” wrote Thompson. “They will, however, be in the uncomfortable position of making a falsifiable statement that has been relentlessly falsified by every available statistic. The entire increase in part-time employment happened before Obamacare became a law.”
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is an awesome mix...
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- You think your student is well off? The...
- The Clean Cut: Alex Boye releases 'Danny Boy'...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Utah’s...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Who are the Guardians of the Galaxy?
- Two powerful forces make American... 27
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 21
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Utah’s... 20
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is... 19
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid... 17
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- TSA offering $15,000 for best airport... 10
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8