2014 may be the year liberals take back religion, according to writer Deborah Caldwell of The Huffington Post. Caldwell recently wrote that with the cultural rise of Pope Francis and different religious thoughts — like seeing religion more commonly in commercials and advertisements — liberals may have more of an impact when it comes to talking about religion.
“So: Take a new world religious leader from a developing country, with strong views about inclusion, diversity and poverty mitigation. Then stir in two major demographic and socioeconomic trends driven in part by the world's most powerful country,” Caldwell wrote. “Result: 2014, the Year of Religious Liberalism.”
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the Nephites
- Church leaders can learn from NFL domestic...
- New DVD tells story of David Archuleta's...
- The faith of a father, written in an old journal
- 10 ideas of what God looks like
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 65
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 49
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs... 19
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 17
- New DVD tells story of David... 13
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary... 8
- Church leaders can learn from NFL... 6