2014 may be the year liberals take back religion, according to writer Deborah Caldwell of The Huffington Post. Caldwell recently wrote that with the cultural rise of Pope Francis and different religious thoughts — like seeing religion more commonly in commercials and advertisements — liberals may have more of an impact when it comes to talking about religion.
“So: Take a new world religious leader from a developing country, with strong views about inclusion, diversity and poverty mitigation. Then stir in two major demographic and socioeconomic trends driven in part by the world's most powerful country,” Caldwell wrote. “Result: 2014, the Year of Religious Liberalism.”
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks
- ValueSpeak: A tip of the hat to innocence
- LDS temple rises in Philadelphia
- LDS Church releases video about overcoming...
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in... 91
- LDS Church releases video about... 44
- Defending the Faith: Paul and his list... 27
- LDS stake presidency participates in... 19
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 16
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death... 8
- Want to keep your faith in college?... 7
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 6