Wear a coat. Bring a blanket. But please stop idling your car when you pick up your child at school. Thirty or more cars, idling 10-15 minutes at each elementary school in Granite School District, Jordan School District, The Canyons School District, Murray School District, everyday. Just think how much pollution that contributes to our air.
And to have all this happening at schools where we want our children to be safe and healthy, let alone what it does to the air we all breathe. And this source of pollution is preventable. Please turn off your cars.
Salt Lake City
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- Dan Liljenquist: The economic impact of...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- Perceptions of Obama and his policies at home...
- My view: Utah's Constitution requires state...
- Capitalism and the common good: Fairness,...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 79
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 47
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 38
- Capitalism and the common good:... 37
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the... 36