Wear a coat. Bring a blanket. But please stop idling your car when you pick up your child at school. Thirty or more cars, idling 10-15 minutes at each elementary school in Granite School District, Jordan School District, The Canyons School District, Murray School District, everyday. Just think how much pollution that contributes to our air.
And to have all this happening at schools where we want our children to be safe and healthy, let alone what it does to the air we all breathe. And this source of pollution is preventable. Please turn off your cars.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Despite dip in observance,...
- Turning back the tide of sexual promiscuity...
- Charles Krauthammer: The world according to...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Convention...
- Letter: Medical marijuana
- Letter: Wolves in Yellowstone
- Ralph Becker: Why 'process' matters in...
- Dan Liljenquist: Confronting Saudi Arabia's...
- In our opinion: People desire fair,... 49
- Letter: Constitutional republic 30
- Letter: Utah GOP divided 28
- Richard Davis: Medical marijuana issue... 24
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's... 24
- Letter: Respect the governor 21
- In our opinion: Troops in Syria makes... 21
- Robert J. Samuelson: Why tax reform is... 19