Utah Jazz: A future Hall of Fame guard — Steve Nash, not Kobe Bryant — is back in Lakers' lineup
"It's a great feeling. I've been making a lot of shots, helping the team win, and that one we had against Miami (last Saturday) was huge for our team, especially after the way we played in Dallas. We felt like we really didn't give our best effort, so to bounce back like that against Miami was a good feeling."
Asked what he thought had been the difference in Williams' game lately, Corbin said it was "his awareness. We've been able to space the floor a lot with him out there, and getting the ball on the strong side and putting him on the weak side and being able to have the defense collapse because Derrick (Favors) and Enes (Kanter), our big guys, are diving towards the rim.
"Our guards are attacking and where the bigs are fixing to come in and help, (Williams) is getting good looks on his side."
UP AND DOWN: Williams was asked to explain how the Jazz could look so dreadful one night against Dallas, then turn right around and knock off Miami, the two-time defending NBA champs, the next.
"That happens sometimes with younger teams, man," he said. "You've got to try to find that consistency and you try to bring it every single night. You've got to be able to do it individually and you've got to do it collectively as a team, and I think we've all got to do that — not just the young guys, all of us together."
LAKERS' LONG INJURED LIST: Amazingly, the short-handed Lakers entered Tuesday's game with six players on the inactive list due to injuries, including their four leading scorers and five in all who are averaging double-digit scoring: big man Pau Gasol (a team-best 17.0 points and 10.2 rebounds per game); swingman Nick Young (16.9 ppg); guard Jodie Meeks (14.4); Bryant (13.8); guard Xavier Henry (10.1) and guard Jordan Farmar (9.3).
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of NFL...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL draftee
- Aggie linebackers stick together in third...
- 2016 NFL draft: Southern Utah's Miles...
- Niumatalolo and Navy make another trip to the...
- No home games for 7 weeks? RSL explains why a...
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns... 91
- BYU basketball: Cougars to play USC... 49
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 23
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of... 22
- Oakland Raiders owner says he will... 20
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 17
- 2016 NFL draft: Local players who might... 14
- Guest commentary: BYU football and... 12