Utah Jazz: A future Hall of Fame guard — Steve Nash, not Kobe Bryant — is back in Lakers' lineup
"It's a great feeling. I've been making a lot of shots, helping the team win, and that one we had against Miami (last Saturday) was huge for our team, especially after the way we played in Dallas. We felt like we really didn't give our best effort, so to bounce back like that against Miami was a good feeling."
Asked what he thought had been the difference in Williams' game lately, Corbin said it was "his awareness. We've been able to space the floor a lot with him out there, and getting the ball on the strong side and putting him on the weak side and being able to have the defense collapse because Derrick (Favors) and Enes (Kanter), our big guys, are diving towards the rim.
"Our guards are attacking and where the bigs are fixing to come in and help, (Williams) is getting good looks on his side."
UP AND DOWN: Williams was asked to explain how the Jazz could look so dreadful one night against Dallas, then turn right around and knock off Miami, the two-time defending NBA champs, the next.
"That happens sometimes with younger teams, man," he said. "You've got to try to find that consistency and you try to bring it every single night. You've got to be able to do it individually and you've got to do it collectively as a team, and I think we've all got to do that — not just the young guys, all of us together."
LAKERS' LONG INJURED LIST: Amazingly, the short-handed Lakers entered Tuesday's game with six players on the inactive list due to injuries, including their four leading scorers and five in all who are averaging double-digit scoring: big man Pau Gasol (a team-best 17.0 points and 10.2 rebounds per game); swingman Nick Young (16.9 ppg); guard Jodie Meeks (14.4); Bryant (13.8); guard Xavier Henry (10.1) and guard Jordan Farmar (9.3).
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27