MAGNA — A 2-year-old boy died Tuesday night after a large television fell on top of him.
The boy was at a Magna home, 2625 S. 8850 West, with his grandparents, who were in a separate room when they heard a thud from the living room. The boy was found beneath a 32-inch "tube-style" television, Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said.
The TV had fallen off a stand onto the boy, Hoyal said.
Medical crews took the boy by ambulance to Intermountain Medical Center in extremely critical condition. He was later transferred by helicopter to Primary Children's Hospital, where he died.
"Unfortunately, this situation serves as a tragic reminder for parents to be aware of heavy objects that are up on stands, making sure they're secure so they can't fall over on small children," Hoyal said.
— McKenzie Romero
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 26