MAGNA — A 2-year-old boy died Tuesday night after a large television fell on top of him.
The boy was at a Magna home, 2625 S. 8850 West, with his grandparents, who were in a separate room when they heard a thud from the living room. The boy was found beneath a 32-inch "tube-style" television, Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said.
The TV had fallen off a stand onto the boy, Hoyal said.
Medical crews took the boy by ambulance to Intermountain Medical Center in extremely critical condition. He was later transferred by helicopter to Primary Children's Hospital, where he died.
"Unfortunately, this situation serves as a tragic reminder for parents to be aware of heavy objects that are up on stands, making sure they're secure so they can't fall over on small children," Hoyal said.
— McKenzie Romero
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- Understanding Israel and Hamas: Why this...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26