This is a quick and creative Valentine's Day treat for children. The students will definitely want to go fishing after seeing what is in the box!
1. At your local drug or retail store, purchase several decorative Valentine's Day boxes. These boxes are small and often sold for less than $1.
2. In a see-through bag, combine Swedish Fish, Trolli Sour Bite Crawlers and Miniature Sweet Tarts. Place bag in box.
Note: One bag of each candy will be enough for six boxes of treats.
3. On a computer or on decorative paper, write, "Sweetheart, You are definitely worth fishin' for!"
4. Attach note to bag. To add to the treat, attach a special Valentine's Day pencil.
This is an easy and convenient treat to make for a group, and it's simple enough to hand out before, during or after a party.
Adding a pencil to the treat is especially useful in case children have food allergies or sensitivities. It is also a non-messy treat for children to enjoy and will not be hard for the adults to clean up.
Before bringing it to a school, check the policies on classroom treats.
Shelby Scoffield has a bachelor's degree in English from Brigham Young University and a master's in rhetoric and composition from Stanislaus State University. She is currently working on her teaching credentials so she can teach high school English.
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Harry Potter trivia quiz: Can you get 10...
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes first...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Motherhood Matters: How to control a teenager
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of...
- Managing your loved one's digital estate...
- Guest commentary: Kids don't need to train...
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 14
- It's safe to vaccinate kids —... 10
- Does getting married really increase... 8
- Remodeling? Experts say some projects... 5
- Bills aim to bring marriage, family law... 4
- Man without arms and legs has a message... 4
- Many adults delay parenthood for these... 3
- Guest commentary: Kids don't need to... 3