This is a quick and creative Valentine's Day treat for children. The students will definitely want to go fishing after seeing what is in the box!
1. At your local drug or retail store, purchase several decorative Valentine's Day boxes. These boxes are small and often sold for less than $1.
2. In a see-through bag, combine Swedish Fish, Trolli Sour Bite Crawlers and Miniature Sweet Tarts. Place bag in box.
Note: One bag of each candy will be enough for six boxes of treats.
3. On a computer or on decorative paper, write, "Sweetheart, You are definitely worth fishin' for!"
4. Attach note to bag. To add to the treat, attach a special Valentine's Day pencil.
This is an easy and convenient treat to make for a group, and it's simple enough to hand out before, during or after a party.
Adding a pencil to the treat is especially useful in case children have food allergies or sensitivities. It is also a non-messy treat for children to enjoy and will not be hard for the adults to clean up.
Before bringing it to a school, check the policies on classroom treats.
Shelby Scoffield has a bachelor's degree in English from Brigham Young University and a master's in rhetoric and composition from Stanislaus State University. She is currently working on her teaching credentials so she can teach high school English.
- Harry Potter trivia quiz: Can you get 10...
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes first...
- Motherhood Matters: How to control a teenager
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Managing your loved one's digital estate...
- Many adults delay parenthood for these two...
- Remodeling? Experts say some projects add to...
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Hobby Lobby,...
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 14
- It's safe to vaccinate kids —... 10
- Does getting married really increase... 8
- Remodeling? Experts say some projects... 5
- Bills aim to bring marriage, family law... 4
- Man without arms and legs has a message... 4
- Insights from the Behavioral Science... 3
- Disney moves toward $10 hourly starting... 2