SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City School District recently honored the winners of the annual Mathcounts competition.
First place went to Ruby Thorn of Clayton Middle School, while Summer Bell of Hawthorne Elementary took second, and Natalia Crimmel of Hawthorne came in third.
The team champions from Clayton Middle School comprised Matthew Fontaine, Nicholas Pierce, Emma Glende and Thorn. Hawthorne Elementary and Salt Lake Center for Science Education also placed as team winners.
The mathematics competition was held at Clayton Middle School and included 96 students from seven schools.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 21
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 11