SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City School District recently honored the winners of the annual Mathcounts competition.
First place went to Ruby Thorn of Clayton Middle School, while Summer Bell of Hawthorne Elementary took second, and Natalia Crimmel of Hawthorne came in third.
The team champions from Clayton Middle School comprised Matthew Fontaine, Nicholas Pierce, Emma Glende and Thorn. Hawthorne Elementary and Salt Lake Center for Science Education also placed as team winners.
The mathematics competition was held at Clayton Middle School and included 96 students from seven schools.
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Woman battling cancer has two bicycles stolen
- Zion condor chick confirmed but faces new...
- Albion Basin, Cecret Lake roads closed for...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 45
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 33
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 27
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 27
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25