Hawaii coach Norm Chow promotes Wynn, hires former BYU great
, Associated Press
Hawaii football coach Norm Chow is shuffling his staff in preperation for his third season as head coach — and he's doing it with coaches with Utah and BYU ties.
According to HawaiiAthletics.com, fromer BYU standout and NFL veteran Kurt Gouveia has been hired as outside linebackers coach while former Utah quarterback Jordan Wynn was promoted to quarterbacks coach after a season as a graduate assistant.
Said Chow: "Jordan was put into a very unusual circumstance last year as a graduate assistant, and he responded like an experienced coach. He did a terrific job call most of the plays during the latter half of the season, and he did a terrific job. He has a great relationship with our quarterbacks and has a bright future. He understands the game beyond his years. Kurt has a tremendous history with the state as both a player and coach, and the experience he has gained at the highest level will no doubt help our defensive staff."
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 27
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21