Hawaii coach Norm Chow promotes Wynn, hires former BYU great
, Associated Press
Hawaii football coach Norm Chow is shuffling his staff in preperation for his third season as head coach — and he's doing it with coaches with Utah and BYU ties.
According to HawaiiAthletics.com, fromer BYU standout and NFL veteran Kurt Gouveia has been hired as outside linebackers coach while former Utah quarterback Jordan Wynn was promoted to quarterbacks coach after a season as a graduate assistant.
Said Chow: "Jordan was put into a very unusual circumstance last year as a graduate assistant, and he responded like an experienced coach. He did a terrific job call most of the plays during the latter half of the season, and he did a terrific job. He has a great relationship with our quarterbacks and has a bright future. He understands the game beyond his years. Kurt has a tremendous history with the state as both a player and coach, and the experience he has gained at the highest level will no doubt help our defensive staff."
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 51
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 48
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45