Hawaii coach Norm Chow promotes Wynn, hires former BYU great
, Associated Press
Hawaii football coach Norm Chow is shuffling his staff in preperation for his third season as head coach — and he's doing it with coaches with Utah and BYU ties.
According to HawaiiAthletics.com, fromer BYU standout and NFL veteran Kurt Gouveia has been hired as outside linebackers coach while former Utah quarterback Jordan Wynn was promoted to quarterbacks coach after a season as a graduate assistant.
Said Chow: "Jordan was put into a very unusual circumstance last year as a graduate assistant, and he responded like an experienced coach. He did a terrific job call most of the plays during the latter half of the season, and he did a terrific job. He has a great relationship with our quarterbacks and has a bright future. He understands the game beyond his years. Kurt has a tremendous history with the state as both a player and coach, and the experience he has gained at the highest level will no doubt help our defensive staff."
- Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 4: Ranking the...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Branden Bowen commits...
- BYU supports Virginia kicker whose dad...
- BYU football: No rest for BYU defense during...
- Ute coach Kyle Whittingham congratulates...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Knuckleheads with...
- Pac-12 conference is off to strong start in 2014
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 163
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 113
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 84
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset,... 29
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads... 28