Hawaii coach Norm Chow promotes Wynn, hires former BYU great
, Associated Press
Hawaii football coach Norm Chow is shuffling his staff in preperation for his third season as head coach — and he's doing it with coaches with Utah and BYU ties.
According to HawaiiAthletics.com, fromer BYU standout and NFL veteran Kurt Gouveia has been hired as outside linebackers coach while former Utah quarterback Jordan Wynn was promoted to quarterbacks coach after a season as a graduate assistant.
Said Chow: "Jordan was put into a very unusual circumstance last year as a graduate assistant, and he responded like an experienced coach. He did a terrific job call most of the plays during the latter half of the season, and he did a terrific job. He has a great relationship with our quarterbacks and has a bright future. He understands the game beyond his years. Kurt has a tremendous history with the state as both a player and coach, and the experience he has gained at the highest level will no doubt help our defensive staff."
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 110
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 81
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 50
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33