SPANISH FORK — A Spanish Fork man died Monday from injuries he suffered when he accidentally shot himself.
Rowland Denison, 50, died about noon from a gunshot wound after accidentally shooing himself in the stomach with a rifle earlier that day, said Spanish Fork Police Lt. Matt Johnson.
Denison had been taking a rifle out of the back of his truck when the weapon discharged, Johnson said. Police received the call at 6:27 a.m.
Denison was conscious and talking to responding officers. He was taken to Mountain View Hospital in Payson. Weather conditions delayed a flight by medical helicopter to Provo for surgery. Payson doctors performed the surgery and Denison was later taken to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in Provo, where he died.
— Shara Park
- Rocky Mountain Power: Thousands on Wasatch...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Utah communities still among fastest-growing...
- Idaho man accepts plea deal in Logan shootout...
- Hundreds of Utah coal miners speak out on...
- Salt Lake police looking for 2 men in repeat...
- UTA taking threat to block funding 'seriously'
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 22
- Former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt advising... 20
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 14
- Utah defends busting theater for... 12