SPANISH FORK — A Spanish Fork man died Monday from injuries he suffered when he accidentally shot himself.
Rowland Denison, 50, died about noon from a gunshot wound after accidentally shooing himself in the stomach with a rifle earlier that day, said Spanish Fork Police Lt. Matt Johnson.
Denison had been taking a rifle out of the back of his truck when the weapon discharged, Johnson said. Police received the call at 6:27 a.m.
Denison was conscious and talking to responding officers. He was taken to Mountain View Hospital in Payson. Weather conditions delayed a flight by medical helicopter to Provo for surgery. Payson doctors performed the surgery and Denison was later taken to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in Provo, where he died.
— Shara Park
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- Audit: Ex-employee embezzled $67K from Utah...
- Alpine Days set for Aug. 5-13
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 31
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 15
- Can police-community relations be... 14