SPANISH FORK — A Spanish Fork man died Monday from injuries he suffered when he accidentally shot himself.
Rowland Denison, 50, died about noon from a gunshot wound after accidentally shooing himself in the stomach with a rifle earlier that day, said Spanish Fork Police Lt. Matt Johnson.
Denison had been taking a rifle out of the back of his truck when the weapon discharged, Johnson said. Police received the call at 6:27 a.m.
Denison was conscious and talking to responding officers. He was taken to Mountain View Hospital in Payson. Weather conditions delayed a flight by medical helicopter to Provo for surgery. Payson doctors performed the surgery and Denison was later taken to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in Provo, where he died.
— Shara Park
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17