Eric Risberg, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Things got scary, last week, when the director of the Pebble Beach Pro-Am began choking on a cube of cheese at a dinner party. But who should come to the rescue?
Dirty Harry himself.
Clint Eastwood performed the Heimlich maneuver on Steve John.
John said in an Associated Press story that he was unable to breathe but Eastwood was quick to react. “He recognized it immediately and saved my life.”
There’s been much speculation as to what Eastwood could have said afterward, i.e. “made my day,” “do ya feel lucky,” etc.
Rock On prefers the sage advice of the outlaw Josey Wales: “Dyin’ ain’t much of a livin’, boy.”
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @therockmonster; Blog: Rockmonster Unplugged
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around as...
- Utah high schoolers who've reached the Super...
- Utes get it done at home again
- Utah Utes still pursuing several big-time...
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes still outstanding from...
- Former Utah Jazz guard Deron Williams had...
- Best of the West: Shifting teams around after...
- Brad Rock: BYU asleep at the switch on... 99
- BYU, Michigan State agree to... 90
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 61
- Dick Harmon: BYU continuing new policy... 55
- Utah football: Utes add former BYU... 51
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 34
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28