Eric Risberg, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Things got scary, last week, when the director of the Pebble Beach Pro-Am began choking on a cube of cheese at a dinner party. But who should come to the rescue?
Dirty Harry himself.
Clint Eastwood performed the Heimlich maneuver on Steve John.
John said in an Associated Press story that he was unable to breathe but Eastwood was quick to react. “He recognized it immediately and saved my life.”
There’s been much speculation as to what Eastwood could have said afterward, i.e. “made my day,” “do ya feel lucky,” etc.
Rock On prefers the sage advice of the outlaw Josey Wales: “Dyin’ ain’t much of a livin’, boy.”
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @therockmonster; Blog: Rockmonster Unplugged
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30, Mendenhall...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in a...
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a...
- Plenty of blame to go around for Cougars...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco...
- High school football: State tournament pairings
- Utah State Aggies lose another QB, but hold...
- Utah-USC: Battle of ranked teams at...
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30,... 114
- Dick Harmon: Utes climb on big stage;... 75
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a... 61
- Utes picked to finish 2nd in Pac-12... 24
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 21
- BYU walk-on Carter makes most of... 19
- Beast mode: Utah running back Devontae... 18
- BYU-Boise State game expected to... 16