OGDEN — A dog died in a house fire in Ogden Monday morning.
Ogden firefighters responded to a two-story, single-family home at 1960 Jackson Ave. shortly after 1 a.m. The person living in the home escaped with no injuries, but a dog was caught and died in the blaze, said Ogden Deputy Fire Chief Eric Bauman.
Fourteen firefighters and a battalion chief fought the fire with a ladder truck, two engines, one paramedic rescue and an ambulance. The fire was contained to one bedroom. The Red Cross helped the person living in the home, who was displaced by the fire.
Investigators are still determining what ignited the blaze.
— Whitney Evans
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 85
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 32
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for... 11
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer... 9