OGDEN — A dog died in a house fire in Ogden Monday morning.
Ogden firefighters responded to a two-story, single-family home at 1960 Jackson Ave. shortly after 1 a.m. The person living in the home escaped with no injuries, but a dog was caught and died in the blaze, said Ogden Deputy Fire Chief Eric Bauman.
Fourteen firefighters and a battalion chief fought the fire with a ladder truck, two engines, one paramedic rescue and an ambulance. The fire was contained to one bedroom. The Red Cross helped the person living in the home, who was displaced by the fire.
Investigators are still determining what ignited the blaze.
— Whitney Evans
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Republican, Democratic political... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 18
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12