I'm a student at West Hills Middle School of the Jordan School District and I read the article about elementary students at Uintah Elementary getting their lunches thrown away. In this article it mentioned the parent of a student at my school saying that the student had seen lunches get thrown away every day. I think that this lunch being thrown away because the student has no money is not right.
According to state senators, lunches should not be thrown away, because that goes directly against "no hungry child." Also, that just creates humiliation for the students. I would be embarrassed if I went through the whole line just to have my food thrown away right in front of everyone if I had no idea what my lunch balance was. There needs to be a better solution than throwing away food, because that is a waste of food and it does not save the school money whatsoever.
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- In our opinion: With Shurtleff and Swallow...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- Helping kids master what matters: Emotions,...
- My view: A global warming solution to grow...
- Letter: Degrading literature
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 112
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 74
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 62
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 51
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 48
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35
- The complicated political views of... 33