I'm a student at West Hills Middle School of the Jordan School District and I read the article about elementary students at Uintah Elementary getting their lunches thrown away. In this article it mentioned the parent of a student at my school saying that the student had seen lunches get thrown away every day. I think that this lunch being thrown away because the student has no money is not right.
According to state senators, lunches should not be thrown away, because that goes directly against "no hungry child." Also, that just creates humiliation for the students. I would be embarrassed if I went through the whole line just to have my food thrown away right in front of everyone if I had no idea what my lunch balance was. There needs to be a better solution than throwing away food, because that is a waste of food and it does not save the school money whatsoever.
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice denied
- My view: More whites should practice meekness...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 35
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 30
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 27
- My view: More whites should practice... 22
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 21
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 16
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice... 13