I'm a student at West Hills Middle School of the Jordan School District and I read the article about elementary students at Uintah Elementary getting their lunches thrown away. In this article it mentioned the parent of a student at my school saying that the student had seen lunches get thrown away every day. I think that this lunch being thrown away because the student has no money is not right.
According to state senators, lunches should not be thrown away, because that goes directly against "no hungry child." Also, that just creates humiliation for the students. I would be embarrassed if I went through the whole line just to have my food thrown away right in front of everyone if I had no idea what my lunch balance was. There needs to be a better solution than throwing away food, because that is a waste of food and it does not save the school money whatsoever.
- In our opinion: NASA's New Horizons opens up...
- In our opinion: After change to state pension...
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA fool you...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Letter: Voting like a liberal
- Letter: Proper priority
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 71
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 65
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 45
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 39
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23