I'm a student at West Hills Middle School of the Jordan School District and I read the article about elementary students at Uintah Elementary getting their lunches thrown away. In this article it mentioned the parent of a student at my school saying that the student had seen lunches get thrown away every day. I think that this lunch being thrown away because the student has no money is not right.
According to state senators, lunches should not be thrown away, because that goes directly against "no hungry child." Also, that just creates humiliation for the students. I would be embarrassed if I went through the whole line just to have my food thrown away right in front of everyone if I had no idea what my lunch balance was. There needs to be a better solution than throwing away food, because that is a waste of food and it does not save the school money whatsoever.
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is threatened...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant
- My view: Prison relocation study is being...
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of interest...
- Letter: Divorce risks
- Hinkins & King: No losers in Utah’s...
- Derek B. Miller: Politics may end up costing...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant 46
- My view: Prison relocation study is... 22
- Letter: A constant example 21
- Letter: Keep fighting drugs 18
- My view: Higher ed students can better... 18
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible... 18
- Derek B. Miller: Politics may end up... 17
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is... 16