In response to Bretton Ferraro’s letter (Feb. 3, 2014):
I watch Sen. Mike Lee on Fox News taking Barack Obama and the U.S. Government to task over deficit spending. He explained they should follow what families have to do — spend no more than the have in their coffers.
A few weeks later it was discovered he was some fifteen thousand dollars in debt. Also, he was extracting himself from a mortgage for a home under water. Why couldn’t he afford it?
Sen. Lee and Sen. Orrin Hatch have a common trait; they both speak out of both sides of their mouth. However, the extreme left also has that trait. Being independent is good.
- In our opinion: Parents reading to young...
- Drew Clark: What President Obama does well:...
- Letter: Pay for your share
- Letter: Repeating past mistakes
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will save lives
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 71
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- Letter: Not so lazy 34
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31
- George F. Will: America’s welfare... 22
- Letter: Idle elimination 19