In response to Bretton Ferraro’s letter (Feb. 3, 2014):
I watch Sen. Mike Lee on Fox News taking Barack Obama and the U.S. Government to task over deficit spending. He explained they should follow what families have to do — spend no more than the have in their coffers.
A few weeks later it was discovered he was some fifteen thousand dollars in debt. Also, he was extracting himself from a mortgage for a home under water. Why couldn’t he afford it?
Sen. Lee and Sen. Orrin Hatch have a common trait; they both speak out of both sides of their mouth. However, the extreme left also has that trait. Being independent is good.
- Letter: What this issue is really about
- In our opinion: Thankfully speaking —...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Hospitality...
- Letter: King Obama
- Drew Clark: Interfaith conference at Vatican...
- Letter: Speak kind words
- In our opinion: Fear, intentions can result...
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration...
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration... 73
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 61
- Letter: Growing party divide 53
- Letter: Acting on immigration 50
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 46
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 40
- Letter: King Obama 30
- My view: Global warming needs free market 27