In response to Bretton Ferraro’s letter (Feb. 3, 2014):
I watch Sen. Mike Lee on Fox News taking Barack Obama and the U.S. Government to task over deficit spending. He explained they should follow what families have to do — spend no more than the have in their coffers.
A few weeks later it was discovered he was some fifteen thousand dollars in debt. Also, he was extracting himself from a mortgage for a home under water. Why couldn’t he afford it?
Sen. Lee and Sen. Orrin Hatch have a common trait; they both speak out of both sides of their mouth. However, the extreme left also has that trait. Being independent is good.
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's...
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 81
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 56
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- Letter: Irreparable damage 48
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37
- Letter: Protected lands 36