I join millions who are disappointed with the way our country is going downhill because of the present administration.
There's nothing I'd like more than to change our country and transform it back into the land of the free and the home of the brave. But, alas, with the Republican Party fighting against the unofficial “tea party,” neither group stands a chance of winning future elections.
After 30 years of giving both time and money to the party I felt represented my conservative values, I refuse to give another dime or more time to a group that will not work with another conservative group (albeit not a formal party).
The tea party ideals are exactly what Republicans once represented: smaller government, freedom of speech, freedom of religion and adherence to the Constitution.
If the Republican Party believes it can win elections without the growing number of tea party advocates, it will find soon enough that it is sadly mistaken.
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is threatened...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant
- My view: Prison relocation study is being...
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of interest...
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible for...
- Letter: Divorce risks
- Hinkins & King: No losers in Utah’s...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant 54
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible... 43
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is... 28
- My view: Prison relocation study is... 23
- Letter: Keep fighting drugs 21
- Michael Gerson: Religious... 19
- My view: Higher ed students can better... 18
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of... 18