Referring to the Deseret News (Tuesday, Feb. 4) article titled "Sugar tied to fatal heart woes," when I was about 20, I read in a local health book that "sugar is bad for you." I had been experiencing digestive problems so I decided to give it up completely and see what happened.
I felt way, way better without sugar and decided to make this my law for life: no sugar. I learned for myself that even small amounts of sugar in any form was not good for me, and probably any human body.
People back then said I was weird. I didn't care, I felt better and that's all that mattered. Now I'm 69 and one of the healthiest men I know — even healthier than a lot of men 20 years younger. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says that sugar is shown to increase blood pressure and levels of unhealthy cholesterol and increased inflammation, leading to heart disease. Give up sugar for a few weeks and see for yourself.
Salt Lake City
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- Catherine Rampell: Reasons behind the bad...
- In our opinion: Let FAA, not Utah...
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by focusing on...
- My view: Don't make women optional in marriage
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama...
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 104
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 94
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 66
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 45
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Letter: Lateralist logic 40
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 38
- In our opinion: On Holder's heels... 34