Last month, by a 6-3 vote, the Salt Lake County Council chose to protest the Olympus Hills Annexation Petition. In so doing the council failed eighth grade math, chose to waste tax payer money to fund a needless study, made a very loud statement that they reject self-determination, and knowingly poked the majority of homeowners in the eye. And they wonder why we want to leave the transitional caretaker county government structure?
We know now that our departure has no significant impact on the balance of the township. The annexation area is about 5% of Millcreek Township. If the area is twenty percent revenue positive (hard to imagine from a completely residential area) the impact to the rest of the Township would be 1%. The most likely scenario is that our departure will have no financial impact at all.
It’s time for the county to stop obstructionist, expensive delays and let the people of the county live wherever they want to.
Salt Lake City
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Can Hollywood keep the faith in faith-based...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Letter: Outdated climate
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 69
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 64
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 46
- Letter: Breeding hate 45
- Letter: Policy disagreement 37
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 32