Utah Division of Wildlife Resources
DELTA — Bird enthusiasts can watch thousands of white snow and Ross' geese lifting off Gunnison Bend Reservoir amid honks and the beating of wings.
The event is Feb. 21 and 22 at the annual Delta Snow Goose Festival. The festival will be held at and near Gunnison Bend Reservoir, just west of Delta. Admission is free.
As many as 20,000 geese have been at the reservoir during past festivals.
"We'll provide spotting scopes so you can get a close look at the geese," said Bob Walters, watchable wildlife coordinator for the Division of Wildlife Resources. "We'll also be available to answer any questions you have."
More information about the festival can be found at www.deltagoosefestival.com.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16