Utah Division of Wildlife Resources
DELTA — Bird enthusiasts can watch thousands of white snow and Ross' geese lifting off Gunnison Bend Reservoir amid honks and the beating of wings.
The event is Feb. 21 and 22 at the annual Delta Snow Goose Festival. The festival will be held at and near Gunnison Bend Reservoir, just west of Delta. Admission is free.
As many as 20,000 geese have been at the reservoir during past festivals.
"We'll provide spotting scopes so you can get a close look at the geese," said Bob Walters, watchable wildlife coordinator for the Division of Wildlife Resources. "We'll also be available to answer any questions you have."
More information about the festival can be found at www.deltagoosefestival.com.
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Couple charged with stealing Hondas from TRAX...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15