Utah Division of Wildlife Resources
DELTA — Bird enthusiasts can watch thousands of white snow and Ross' geese lifting off Gunnison Bend Reservoir amid honks and the beating of wings.
The event is Feb. 21 and 22 at the annual Delta Snow Goose Festival. The festival will be held at and near Gunnison Bend Reservoir, just west of Delta. Admission is free.
As many as 20,000 geese have been at the reservoir during past festivals.
"We'll provide spotting scopes so you can get a close look at the geese," said Bob Walters, watchable wildlife coordinator for the Division of Wildlife Resources. "We'll also be available to answer any questions you have."
More information about the festival can be found at www.deltagoosefestival.com.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 13