Utah Division of Wildlife Resources
DELTA — Bird enthusiasts can watch thousands of white snow and Ross' geese lifting off Gunnison Bend Reservoir amid honks and the beating of wings.
The event is Feb. 21 and 22 at the annual Delta Snow Goose Festival. The festival will be held at and near Gunnison Bend Reservoir, just west of Delta. Admission is free.
As many as 20,000 geese have been at the reservoir during past festivals.
"We'll provide spotting scopes so you can get a close look at the geese," said Bob Walters, watchable wildlife coordinator for the Division of Wildlife Resources. "We'll also be available to answer any questions you have."
More information about the festival can be found at www.deltagoosefestival.com.
- Utah woman's secret: Ted Bundy tried to kill...
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- Women called heroes for reviving high school...
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support medical...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 48
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 47
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 47
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- Waiting on 'young invincibles' 40
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 23