Utah Division of Wildlife Resources
DELTA — Bird enthusiasts can watch thousands of white snow and Ross' geese lifting off Gunnison Bend Reservoir amid honks and the beating of wings.
The event is Feb. 21 and 22 at the annual Delta Snow Goose Festival. The festival will be held at and near Gunnison Bend Reservoir, just west of Delta. Admission is free.
As many as 20,000 geese have been at the reservoir during past festivals.
"We'll provide spotting scopes so you can get a close look at the geese," said Bob Walters, watchable wildlife coordinator for the Division of Wildlife Resources. "We'll also be available to answer any questions you have."
More information about the festival can be found at www.deltagoosefestival.com.
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12