CougarLinks: BYU signee explains why he picked Cougars over Stanford
YouTube screen shot
— Read about the final hours of BYU football signee Uriah Leiataua's decision to pick the Cougars over Stanford.
Leiataua said the Seattle Seahawks' Richard Sherman helped him with his decision.
"The senior didn’t know what school he was going to commit to until the morning of signing day. Leiataua stayed up until midnight the night before making phone calls, trying to get advice. One of those calls was to former Dominguez star and Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman. Sherman famously decided to go to Stanford over USC," according to the Long Beach Press Telegram. “'What Sherman did was that he blazed a trail. He broke new ground. Back in his day, a kid out South Central would never have gone to Palo Alto,” said Leiataua. “I think the best thing to do, (what) Sherman would do, would be to do my own thing, blaze a trail. I felt that was important.'”
— Five BYU players are expected to participate in the NFL combine later this month.
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 54
- High school football: State tournament... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 30