CougarLinks: BYU signee explains why he picked Cougars over Stanford
YouTube screen shot
— Read about the final hours of BYU football signee Uriah Leiataua's decision to pick the Cougars over Stanford.
Leiataua said the Seattle Seahawks' Richard Sherman helped him with his decision.
"The senior didn’t know what school he was going to commit to until the morning of signing day. Leiataua stayed up until midnight the night before making phone calls, trying to get advice. One of those calls was to former Dominguez star and Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman. Sherman famously decided to go to Stanford over USC," according to the Long Beach Press Telegram. “'What Sherman did was that he blazed a trail. He broke new ground. Back in his day, a kid out South Central would never have gone to Palo Alto,” said Leiataua. “I think the best thing to do, (what) Sherman would do, would be to do my own thing, blaze a trail. I felt that was important.'”
— Five BYU players are expected to participate in the NFL combine later this month.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 282
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 70
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 33