CougarLinks: BYU signee explains why he picked Cougars over Stanford
YouTube screen shot
— Read about the final hours of BYU football signee Uriah Leiataua's decision to pick the Cougars over Stanford.
Leiataua said the Seattle Seahawks' Richard Sherman helped him with his decision.
"The senior didn’t know what school he was going to commit to until the morning of signing day. Leiataua stayed up until midnight the night before making phone calls, trying to get advice. One of those calls was to former Dominguez star and Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman. Sherman famously decided to go to Stanford over USC," according to the Long Beach Press Telegram. “'What Sherman did was that he blazed a trail. He broke new ground. Back in his day, a kid out South Central would never have gone to Palo Alto,” said Leiataua. “I think the best thing to do, (what) Sherman would do, would be to do my own thing, blaze a trail. I felt that was important.'”
— Five BYU players are expected to participate in the NFL combine later this month.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 104
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 27
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25
- BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has... 24