Wilfredo Lee, Associated Press
Coca-Cola wants you to make your own soda. Kind of.
The creators of Coke have invested $1.25 billion into Green Mountain Coffee, as Coca-Cola looks to introduce K-cups, just with soda instead, CBS News reported. This is a way for the company to strike against SodaStream, which allows consumers to make their own soda, CBS News reported.
“Coca-Cola wants in on the do-it-yourself soda-making that SodaStream has pioneered,” CBS reported. “SodaStream will pull in about $562 million in sales for 2013 and wants to become a billion-dollar company by 2016. It's barely begun to tap the potential of the home-carbonation market — and Coca-Cola is moving in now through its new partner.”
- New solar energy project at Utah Olympic Oval...
- $1.8B project to take Salt Lake City...
- Company plans to hire up to 1,000 new...
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of balance,...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Airlines scrap Israel flights over missile fear
- Beef pollutes more than pork, poultry, study...
- Microsoft makes design central to its future
- $1.8B project to take Salt Lake City... 17
- Would you permanently leave your family... 6
- Obama gives protection to gay,... 5
- Future of Draper Park School building... 4
- New solar energy project at Utah... 4
- Weird ways our brains control our money... 3
- Microsoft CEO pivots sharply with... 2
- Project aims to improve wireless... 2