Wilfredo Lee, Associated Press
Coca-Cola wants you to make your own soda. Kind of.
The creators of Coke have invested $1.25 billion into Green Mountain Coffee, as Coca-Cola looks to introduce K-cups, just with soda instead, CBS News reported. This is a way for the company to strike against SodaStream, which allows consumers to make their own soda, CBS News reported.
“Coca-Cola wants in on the do-it-yourself soda-making that SodaStream has pioneered,” CBS reported. “SodaStream will pull in about $562 million in sales for 2013 and wants to become a billion-dollar company by 2016. It's barely begun to tap the potential of the home-carbonation market — and Coca-Cola is moving in now through its new partner.”
- Women innovators leading by example
- Retiring overseas is more than a matter of money
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a large...
- Money doesn't necessarily equate to job...
- Historic Salt Lake building now home to...
- More Americans spending at least half their...
- High-tech sensors help kids keep eye on aging...
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 23
- More Americans spending at least half... 15
- Proposed trade legislation could boost... 6
- Women innovators leading by example 6
- Money doesn't necessarily equate to job... 5
- US factory activity improves in April,... 3
- Rural hospitals struggle to stay open,... 1
- High-tech sensors help kids keep eye on... 1