Wilfredo Lee, Associated Press
Coca-Cola wants you to make your own soda. Kind of.
The creators of Coke have invested $1.25 billion into Green Mountain Coffee, as Coca-Cola looks to introduce K-cups, just with soda instead, CBS News reported. This is a way for the company to strike against SodaStream, which allows consumers to make their own soda, CBS News reported.
“Coca-Cola wants in on the do-it-yourself soda-making that SodaStream has pioneered,” CBS reported. “SodaStream will pull in about $562 million in sales for 2013 and wants to become a billion-dollar company by 2016. It's barely begun to tap the potential of the home-carbonation market — and Coca-Cola is moving in now through its new partner.”
- Provo transit project set to begin,... 12
- Brewvies wants judge to stop DABC from... 10
- Gov. Herbert met with lobbyists to ask... 7
- US economy struggles at start of... 3
- Exxon sees smallest profit in 16 years,... 3
- Yahoo CEO could get $55M in severance... 3
- FBI says it won't disclose how it... 2
- Fortune reports: BYU's cybersecurity... 2