Wilfredo Lee, Associated Press
Coca-Cola wants you to make your own soda. Kind of.
The creators of Coke have invested $1.25 billion into Green Mountain Coffee, as Coca-Cola looks to introduce K-cups, just with soda instead, CBS News reported. This is a way for the company to strike against SodaStream, which allows consumers to make their own soda, CBS News reported.
“Coca-Cola wants in on the do-it-yourself soda-making that SodaStream has pioneered,” CBS reported. “SodaStream will pull in about $562 million in sales for 2013 and wants to become a billion-dollar company by 2016. It's barely begun to tap the potential of the home-carbonation market — and Coca-Cola is moving in now through its new partner.”
- The creepiest Internet-related happenings of...
- 9 startup companies perfect for your family
- Davis County cities propose property tax...
- Do jobs need to be fulfilling?
- Chinatown Supermarket opens in South Salt Lake
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Things are looking up in the economy, but not...
- US auto sales sizzle in July, helped by...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 13
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4... 12
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529... 8
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Utah Transit Authority eyeing electric... 4
- Consumer index climbs to record level... 4
- Report: More acidic seawater poses... 3