Wilfredo Lee, Associated Press
Coca-Cola wants you to make your own soda. Kind of.
The creators of Coke have invested $1.25 billion into Green Mountain Coffee, as Coca-Cola looks to introduce K-cups, just with soda instead, CBS News reported. This is a way for the company to strike against SodaStream, which allows consumers to make their own soda, CBS News reported.
“Coca-Cola wants in on the do-it-yourself soda-making that SodaStream has pioneered,” CBS reported. “SodaStream will pull in about $562 million in sales for 2013 and wants to become a billion-dollar company by 2016. It's barely begun to tap the potential of the home-carbonation market — and Coca-Cola is moving in now through its new partner.”
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why most...
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals
- Review: 'Smash Bros.' makes brutality adorable
- Our complete guide to Black Friday, Cyber...
- Dave Ramsey says: Saving for education trumps...
- Facing health law hikes, consumers mull options
- Why the ugly sweater business is booming
- Why 'Shark Tank' investor Barbara Corcoran...
- Obama immigration plan good, not great... 13
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why... 8
- White House: Immigration steps would... 7
- Ford's new F-150 to get 26 mpg, tops... 4
- Facing health law hikes, consumers mull... 4
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals 3
- The unstoppable powerhouse of Disney's... 1
- The best time of year to buy (Hint:... 1