Wilfredo Lee, Associated Press
Coca-Cola wants you to make your own soda. Kind of.
The creators of Coke have invested $1.25 billion into Green Mountain Coffee, as Coca-Cola looks to introduce K-cups, just with soda instead, CBS News reported. This is a way for the company to strike against SodaStream, which allows consumers to make their own soda, CBS News reported.
“Coca-Cola wants in on the do-it-yourself soda-making that SodaStream has pioneered,” CBS reported. “SodaStream will pull in about $562 million in sales for 2013 and wants to become a billion-dollar company by 2016. It's barely begun to tap the potential of the home-carbonation market — and Coca-Cola is moving in now through its new partner.”
- The 10 best cities in America for job seekers...
- Clinton: GOP threatening small-business jobs
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally?
- Renovation Solutions: Top remodeling projects...
- Why many experts missed this: Cheap oil can...
- Democrats see skimpy insurance as the next...
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter
- Balancing act: Survey: Millennials seek...
- Clinton: GOP threatening small-business... 19
- Balancing act: Survey: Millennials seek... 14
- Smith's hopes to pass savings from... 7
- 'Another piece to the puzzle': Census... 7
- Banks fined more than $5B, to plead... 6
- Utah jobless rate holds steady at 3.4... 5
- McDonald's CEO faces shareholders amid... 3
- Groups chase air pollution to keep... 2