Kathy Plonka, Associated Press
More people want to raise the minimum wage than those who favor capitalism, according to a recent poll by The Huffington Post. The poll said 62 percent of Americans want the minimum wage to rise, while 53 percent of people have a positive view of capitalism.
“Though the question of whether an increase would help or hurt workers is the subject of some debate, the poll finds Americans are mostly unswayed by arguments that an increase might hurt workers because businesses would respond by hiring fewer people,” The Huffington Post said.
- How this potato salad can help you save money...
- Help comes from the most unexpected places...
- The Journey: Borrowing from 401(k) to pay...
- U.S. federal debt continues to grow
- Room service draws buyers in US condo-hotel boom
- Dubai to build world's biggest shopping center
- Why a positive emoji is a popular emoji