Westminster basketball: offense erupts in 104-62 win against Dickinson
The Westminster College men’s basketball team put on an offensive clinic Thursday night as it defeated Dickinson State, 104-62, in Frontier Conference action at the Behnken Field House.
Westminster (14-10, 7-4 Frontier) surpassed the 100-point plateau for the first time since Nov. 2011. The 104 total points are tied for the second-most ever scored in a game. The Griffins shot 63.8 percent from the field and 57.9 percent from three — both season highs. They had a 46-24 edge in points in the paint and a 36-23 rebounding advantage.
Tallon Robertson anchored the team’s attack as the senior finished with 23 points on 10-of-12 shooting. He tied a school record with five blocked shots and grabbed eight rebounds with three assists and three steals.
The Griffins limited Dickinson State (7-16, 2-9) to 38.8 percent shooting and just 2-of-12 from beyond the arc. They forced the visitors into 19 turnovers and finished the game holding a 32-2 edge in points from turnovers. Westminster had a 43-24 lead in bench scoring and tallied 13 points from nine offensive rebounds.
Jordan Pryor used a 4-of-6 night from beyond the arc to finish with 18 points. That is the most Pryor has scored in a game since getting 22 on Nov. 29. Colton Moon also made four treys and finished with 14 points and five assists. Blake Skidmore added 12 points.
Tevin Russell led two Blue Hawks in double figures with 15 points. Ty Ackelson posted 11 points and two assists.
Westminster will be back in action Saturday when it hosts Carroll (Mont.) in the Behnken Field House at 7:30 p.m. MST.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27