Westminster basketball: Griffins defeat DSU for 10th straight win
The No. 3 Westminster College women’s basketball team extended its season-long winning streak to 10 games with an 87-46 win over Dickinson State (N.D.) on Saturday night in the Behnken Field House.
Westminster (17-2, 11-0 Frontier) dominated the game from early on thanks to the long ball. The Griffins made their first nine attempts from beyond the arc, with the only miss of the first half coming on a buzzer beater from Alli Blake. Amy Krommenhoek sparked the hot shooting by going 5-of-5 from beyond the arc in the first half and finished with 19 points in the frame.
The Griffins finished the game at 52.7 percent from the field as they matched a season-high with 87 points. The 12 made threes also tied the season high as they finished the game at 60 percent from three. They handed out 23 assists with 24 points in the paint and posting a 37-32 edge on the boards. Dickinson State (13-13, 3-8) shot just 32.7 percent from the floor and committed 20 turnovers which turned into 21 Griffin points.
Krommenhoek finished the night with a career-high 27 points behind her 7-of-9 shooting from beyond the arc. The seven made triples are tied for second-most in school history. She made 9-of-11 shots overall while also grabbing three rebounds and three assists.
Tia Pappas added 15 points on 6-of-8 shooting while also getting five steals. Kelsi Wells chipped in 12 points and five rebounds. Katie Richens finished with 10 points and six rebounds.
Dickinson State was led by 10 points from Ja’Lisa Gatlin. Keshawnee Alley added nine points.
Westminster will be back in action Saturday when it hosts Carroll (Mont.) at 5:30 p.m. MST in the Behnken Field House.
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 168
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 35
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26