PROVO — BYU is getting used to these late tipoffs.
The Cougars find themselves in a stretch where they are playing at 9 p.m. MST in three of four games.
Last Saturday’s contest against Saint Mary’s and Thursday’s game against Santa Clara both tipped off at 9 p.m. The Cougars visit Pacific next Thursday for a 9 p.m. showdown.
“Last week probably wasn’t as tough as this week because we (had) a late game on Thursday, then a game on Saturday," said coach Dave Rose. "Last week we played a late Saturday game, but we had Sunday off.”
How do the late starts affect the way Rose gets his team ready to play?
For late games, Rose pushes back game-day shootarounds accordingly.
“It’s actually probably better,” Rose said. “Instead of a 1:15 shootaround, we have a 3:15 shootaround. Most of the guys have class at 1 p.m.”
MILESTONE GAME: Thursday night’s game against Santa Clara marked Rose’s 300th as BYU's head coach. He was aiming for his 225th victory.
NOTES: Elder L. Tom Perry, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, attended Thursday's game. BYU freshman Luke Worthington tied his career high in the first half with four points. Tyler Haws moved past former Cougar Brandon Davies for eighth all-time in free throws made. Haws had 458 while Davies had 456. Haws has scored in double figures in 38 straight games — the seventh-longest all-time streak at BYU. That broke a tie with Bernie Fryer.
- Busch turns weekend into clean sweep with...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- Kevin Durant leads US to second exhibition...
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- 7 Russian swimmers to miss Rio Olympics over...
- Michael Jordan gives $2 million; looks to...
- Cubs get closer Aroldis Chapman in trade with...
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 50
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 22
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 17