PROVO — BYU is getting used to these late tipoffs.
The Cougars find themselves in a stretch where they are playing at 9 p.m. MST in three of four games.
Last Saturday’s contest against Saint Mary’s and Thursday’s game against Santa Clara both tipped off at 9 p.m. The Cougars visit Pacific next Thursday for a 9 p.m. showdown.
“Last week probably wasn’t as tough as this week because we (had) a late game on Thursday, then a game on Saturday," said coach Dave Rose. "Last week we played a late Saturday game, but we had Sunday off.”
How do the late starts affect the way Rose gets his team ready to play?
For late games, Rose pushes back game-day shootarounds accordingly.
“It’s actually probably better,” Rose said. “Instead of a 1:15 shootaround, we have a 3:15 shootaround. Most of the guys have class at 1 p.m.”
MILESTONE GAME: Thursday night’s game against Santa Clara marked Rose’s 300th as BYU's head coach. He was aiming for his 225th victory.
NOTES: Elder L. Tom Perry, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, attended Thursday's game. BYU freshman Luke Worthington tied his career high in the first half with four points. Tyler Haws moved past former Cougar Brandon Davies for eighth all-time in free throws made. Haws had 458 while Davies had 456. Haws has scored in double figures in 38 straight games — the seventh-longest all-time streak at BYU. That broke a tie with Bernie Fryer.
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Morning links: National college... 93
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 86
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 75
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 55
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31