Washington County Veterinary Clinic
WASHINGTON, Washington County — Police are trying to figure out who shot a stray cat with an arrow.
Two people out for a morning walk spotted the injured cat Wednesday near Nisson Park, 251 W. Telegraph St., and called animal welfare services, said Washington police spokesman Ed Kantor.
Two animal service officers responded, and together the four of them caught the cat.
The cat, which appears to be feral, was taken to Washington Family Veterinary Clinic in St. George and the arrow was removed. The cat was recovering Thursday.
So far there are no suspects in the case, Kantor said. Anyone who may have information about who shot the cat is asked to animal welfare services at 435-673-7194.
— McKenzie Romero
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy shine...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Photos: Here comes the sun
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11