Washington County Veterinary Clinic
WASHINGTON, Washington County — Police are trying to figure out who shot a stray cat with an arrow.
Two people out for a morning walk spotted the injured cat Wednesday near Nisson Park, 251 W. Telegraph St., and called animal welfare services, said Washington police spokesman Ed Kantor.
Two animal service officers responded, and together the four of them caught the cat.
The cat, which appears to be feral, was taken to Washington Family Veterinary Clinic in St. George and the arrow was removed. The cat was recovering Thursday.
So far there are no suspects in the case, Kantor said. Anyone who may have information about who shot the cat is asked to animal welfare services at 435-673-7194.
— McKenzie Romero
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop criminal...
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the middle...
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16