Washington County Veterinary Clinic
WASHINGTON, Washington County — Police are trying to figure out who shot a stray cat with an arrow.
Two people out for a morning walk spotted the injured cat Wednesday near Nisson Park, 251 W. Telegraph St., and called animal welfare services, said Washington police spokesman Ed Kantor.
Two animal service officers responded, and together the four of them caught the cat.
The cat, which appears to be feral, was taken to Washington Family Veterinary Clinic in St. George and the arrow was removed. The cat was recovering Thursday.
So far there are no suspects in the case, Kantor said. Anyone who may have information about who shot the cat is asked to animal welfare services at 435-673-7194.
— McKenzie Romero
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to same-sex...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12