“When we design sets, we take both children and adults into consideration," Diaz wrote on his Lego blog. "Children are our primary audience, especially as it relates to the core play theme sets; however, much of what appeals to children in today's Lego sets has strong appeal among adult fans, as well.”
'The LEGO Movie'
Enter “The LEGO Movie,” in theaters Feb. 7. The movie — Lego’s first full-length film — follows Emmett, a forgettably average construction worker who unintentionally finds himself caught in the middle of a battle for the miniature plastic universe. Mistaken for a legendary MasterBuilder, Emmett, along with an all-star crew of Lego characters, embarks on a quest to stop the tyrannical President Business from gluing their world together.
In his preview for the movie, Forbes Magazine's Scott Mendelson said it “smells like the kind of all-ages hit that ‘surprises’ everyone.” By taking the company's "back-to-basics" approach, "The LEGO Movie" creates a high-quality product that its founding father likely would be proud of.
The movie is good, clean fun, and its humor can be enjoyed by audiences of all ages. It constantly pokes fun at Lego stereotypes. Dependence on instruction manuals, the limited mobility of mini figures and Emmett’s incredibly generic face are just a few examples of the film’s self-deprecation.
As the characters construct (and deconstruct) their environment, there are pop culture references and multiple nods to Lego sets from the 1980s.
But behind all the humor and occasional cameos by Batman, Gandalf and Lego’s friends over at Lucasfilm is an unexpectedly heart-warming message. It’s a movie for everybody — about everybody — and the deep-rooted relationship between imagination, possibilities and those tiny plastic blocks.
- UTubers: Vocal Point director, mom dance to...
- Brooke Romney: Why we are taking the fun out...
- This is what you look like to a newborn baby
- Beat the heat: 33 free splash pads in Utah
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: From 'America's Got...
- UTubers: Lindsey Stirling posts video of...
- BYU's Vocal Point hopes to 'uplift and...
- The U.S. women’s national soccer team...
- When Satan steals your motherhood 85
- Brooke Romney: Why we are taking the... 42
- Behind the rapid shift in public... 26
- LDS musician Alex Boyé thrills... 5
- This is what you look like to a newborn... 2
- An 'all-American tradition': Fourth of... 2
- Schwarzenegger and Co. play the... 1
- 'Terminator Genisys': 3 points for parents 1