CookieCott 2014: Anti-abortion groups are boycotting Girl Scout cookies
Matt Slocum, Associated Press
Anti-abortion groups are protesting Girl Scout cookies, The Huffington Post reported.
The groups participating in CookieCott 2014 are boycotting cookies because of the Girls Scouts’ alleged “support for abortion-rights advocates,” such as Democrat Texas state Sen. Wendy Davis, HuffPost reported. These groups, including Pro-Life Waco, are making it clear they won’t support the cookies because the Girl Scouts aren't giving anti-abortion politicians any support.
"It's very clear that they are not citing any pro-life leaders with any praise, even though their official stand is they are not taking any position on abortion," said John Pisciotta, director of Pro-Life Waco.
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas carols in...
- 'Jesus the Christ Study Guide' commemorates...
- Temple Square hosts New Year's EVE events
- 'Unbroken' billed as faith-based film, but...
- Wright Words: My friend David is Christian,...
- LDS Church clarifies position on...
- This is what going to church does to you
- Live nativity attracts more than 3,500 in...
- Can you question the Virgin Birth and... 20
- Religious freedom and economic growth... 19
- Creators of 'Saratov Approach' to... 14
- This is what going to church does to you 8
- Wright Words: My friend David is... 7
- It's a 'Christmas break' for many, but... 6
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas... 5
- Local faith leaders share inspiring... 5