CookieCott 2014: Anti-abortion groups are boycotting Girl Scout cookies
Matt Slocum, Associated Press
Anti-abortion groups are protesting Girl Scout cookies, The Huffington Post reported.
The groups participating in CookieCott 2014 are boycotting cookies because of the Girls Scouts’ alleged “support for abortion-rights advocates,” such as Democrat Texas state Sen. Wendy Davis, HuffPost reported. These groups, including Pro-Life Waco, are making it clear they won’t support the cookies because the Girl Scouts aren't giving anti-abortion politicians any support.
"It's very clear that they are not citing any pro-life leaders with any praise, even though their official stand is they are not taking any position on abortion," said John Pisciotta, director of Pro-Life Waco.
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in the...
- LDS stake presidency participates in ALS Ice...
- 'Frozen' star Santino Fontana discusses...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- LDS temple rises in Philadelphia
- Mormon teen, future U. gymnast earns silvers...
- Parenting advice that changed my life
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in... 82
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 28
- LDS stake presidency participates in... 16
- Rev. Al Sharpton plays prominent role... 15
- Amish country bristles at... 9
- ValueSpeak: To mow, or not to mow? 9