Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Utah's Trey Burke was named the Western Conference Rookie of the Month for January, marking the second time this season he has earned the accolade.
He also won the award in December, and became the first Jazz player to garner the award in back-to-back months since Karl Malone in 1985.
Burke’s point average dropped from December to January, but his assist average rose. He averaged 11.8 points, 6.8 assists and three rebounds in the month of January in 31.5 minutes of action per night, and he also started in all 12 games in January.
Burke was also selected to play the Rising Stars Challenge over the NBA All-Star Weekend, which is a game pitting the best rookies and sophomores from the league. He is one of two rookies from the Western Conference participating in the contest.
Follow Trent on Twitter @TheRealTrento.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 83
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 24