High school boys basketball: Layton Christian avenges early season region loss by beating Merit 65-60
The Eagles from Layton Christian were ready when the Region 14 leaders Merit Academy Knights arrived Tuesday night for boy’s prep basketball action.
The Eagles took control from the opening tip and led 14-8 at the conclusion of the first quarter. The play during the first quarter was physical. Unfortunately, the Knights lost their third highest scorer (13 ppg) when Joel Martinez Jr. received two technical fouls that disqualified him from the rest of the contest.
The Eagles extended their lead during the second quarter to 33-20. After the half the Eagles came out running. When the third period came to an end, the Eagles led by 16, 50-34.
The Knights made a run in the fourth, but it was too late, as the Eagles won 65-60 to lay claim to the No. 1 spot in Region 14.
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down Utah and...
- High school sports: Tuesday's roundup
- High school sports: Friday's football roundup
- High school volleyball: San Juan owns top...
- High school football: North Sanpete, Granger...
- High school football: Felt's Facts, week 4, a...
- American Fork's solid defense gets it past...
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Jeremy Guthrie...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 35
- Woods Cross airs it out in Region 6 win... 3
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Jeremy... 3
- American Fork's solid defense gets it... 3
- High school football: Felt's Facts,... 2
- High school sports: Friday's football... 1
- High school girls soccer: Brighton... 1
- High school football: Herriman... 1