BYU swim: Ng named MPSF/TURBO Male Athlete of the Week for second time this season
Freshman Rainer Ng was named Mountain Pacific Sports Federation/TURBO Male Athlete of the Week for the second time this season.
“Rainer is an amazing athlete but he has such a great heart,” BYU head coach John Brooks said. “He’s such a consistent athlete and swims fast all the time. He’s a versatile athlete and all-around great teammate.”
Ng earned his second AOW nomination for his facility record-breaking performance in the 500 freestyle, an event Ng had never swam for BYU. He set the record at Seattle’s Connolly Center pool with a time of 4:35.67. He also helped contribute to the facility's 400 medley relay record (3:21.52) with a 49.55 100 back split.
Ng was the first Cougar this year to earn this award on Oct. 16, as well as the last of the 2013-2014 season. He is also one of eight Cougars to be named athlete of the week this season.
Ng now prepares for the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation Championships that begin Feb. 19 at East Los Angeles College in Monterey Park, Calif.
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Photo gallery: NFL players with local ties...
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games ranked...
- Video: Former BYU outfielder Jacob...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 87
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 49
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 48
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 27
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 14
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 12