BYU swim: Cougars host Washington State in final regular season meet
To conclude the 2013-2014 BYU swimming and diving regular season, the women’s swimming team will host Washington State on Friday at the Richards Building pool.
“It should be a great competition because I think we match up pretty well against Washington State,” BYU head coach John Brooks said. “This meet gives our women a chance to see where they’re at two weeks before conference. ”
BYU and WSU did not compete last weekend, and both are coming off two weeks of practice. WSU is 3-5 in dual meets this season after defeating Oregon State, while BYU is 1-2 in dual meets this season. The Cougars have yet to face WSU in a dual meet but have seen it many times in various invitationals over the years.
This meet involves fewer events and gives the Cougars a chance to fine-tune their swims before the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation Championships, which begin Feb. 19.
The meet will begin at 5:30 p.m. MST on Friday at the Richards Building Pool. To see the final results, visit the women’s swimming and diving home page.
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Dick Harmon: Execution, not words, will crown...
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record seventh...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- BYU's seniors know trip won't be complete...
- Memphis looking to make most of bowl...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record... 19
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off... 19
- Miracle Bowl, 34 years later: I don't... 17
- Stewart has brought back an identity... 16