BYU swim: Cougars host Washington State in final regular season meet
To conclude the 2013-2014 BYU swimming and diving regular season, the women’s swimming team will host Washington State on Friday at the Richards Building pool.
“It should be a great competition because I think we match up pretty well against Washington State,” BYU head coach John Brooks said. “This meet gives our women a chance to see where they’re at two weeks before conference. ”
BYU and WSU did not compete last weekend, and both are coming off two weeks of practice. WSU is 3-5 in dual meets this season after defeating Oregon State, while BYU is 1-2 in dual meets this season. The Cougars have yet to face WSU in a dual meet but have seen it many times in various invitationals over the years.
This meet involves fewer events and gives the Cougars a chance to fine-tune their swims before the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation Championships, which begin Feb. 19.
The meet will begin at 5:30 p.m. MST on Friday at the Richards Building Pool. To see the final results, visit the women’s swimming and diving home page.
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- Dick Harmon: Utah tries to break out of...
- BYU prepares for final tune-up; focus is on...
- For BYU, it's not about opponent — it's...
- BYU basketball: Judkins announces three signees
- BYU football report card: Cougars score A's &...
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior season
- Nixons share BYU basketball, Maui...
- Dick Harmon: Outwardly lobbying Big 12... 142
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 115
- America needs heroes, Mitt Romney tells... 55
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 30
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 21
- Dick Harmon: Hard-hitting safety Craig... 19
- BYU rides big 2nd half in rout of... 17