Utahn weighs in one last time on the 'Biggest Loser' scale
Utahn Hap Holmstead stood on “The Biggest Loser: Second Chances” scale one more time during Tuesday’s season finale.
Holmstead started the competition at 403 pounds. At the season’s final weigh-in, the 26-year-old sales consultant weighed 322 pounds and had lost 81 pounds, or about 20.1 percent of his body weight.
When the Pleasant Grove resident first came to the Biggest Loser Ranch, his wife was 8½ months pregnant, and his son was born while he was on the ranch.
“My son is now 7 months old,” said Holmstead, who also has 2- and 3-year-old daughters, before weighing in Tuesday. “He is very strong, very healthy."
Holmstead’s family got to visit him on the ranch as part of a reward when his team won one of the challenges.
“They are definitely going to keep me active,” said Holmstead, who played baseball for American Fork High School and competed in powerlifting. Holmstead, of the Garden 5th Ward, Pleasant Grove Utah Garden Stake, also served a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Ohio.
When he was eliminated, he had lost a total of 87 pounds.
All of the eliminated players were eligible to compete for the $100,000 at-home prize. Tumi Oguntala, 41, of Clifton Park, N.Y., took home the prize. Her starting weight was 319 pounds, and she lost 175 pounds, or about 55 percent.
Frederickson, whose starting weight was 260 pounds, lost 155 pounds, or almost 60 percent. The former competitive swimmer now weighs 105 pounds and won the $250,000 grand prize.
Saleem started at 358 pounds and lost 188 pounds, or 52.5 percent, and now weighs 170 pounds. Brown lost 222 of his 409 pounds, or 54 percent, and now weighs 187 pounds.
"The Biggest Loser" airs on NBC.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: CTRappleye
- Son shares story of miraculous reunion with...
- Is your financial house in order? 10...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph Smith's vision of...
- 'Saturday's Warrior' director shares details...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Do you fit the Mormon...
- LDS missionaries cover David Archuleta's...
- 5 faith facts about Rick Santorum:...
- Old Rock Church tours open doors to historic...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph Smith's... 46
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Do you fit the... 34
- Who decides if a law restricts a... 22
- 'Saturday's Warrior' director shares... 17
- 5 faith facts about Rick Santorum:... 12
- Senate adds religious freedom amendment... 10
- The Rohingyas: A look into one of the... 9
- 34 of the most beautiful churches from... 9