Utahn Hap Holmstead stood on “The Biggest Loser: Second Chances” scale one more time during Tuesday’s season finale.
Holmstead started the competition at 403 pounds. At the season’s final weigh-in, the 26-year-old sales consultant weighed 322 pounds and had lost 81 pounds, or about 20.1 percent of his body weight.
When the Pleasant Grove resident first came to the Biggest Loser Ranch, his wife was 8½ months pregnant, and his son was born while he was on the ranch.
“My son is now 7 months old,” said Holmstead, who also has 2- and 3-year-old daughters, before weighing in Tuesday. “He is very strong, very healthy."
Holmstead’s family got to visit him on the ranch as part of a reward when his team won one of the challenges.
“They are definitely going to keep me active,” said Holmstead, who played baseball for American Fork High School and competed in powerlifting. Holmstead, of the Garden 5th Ward, Pleasant Grove Utah Garden Stake, also served a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Ohio.
When he was eliminated, he had lost a total of 87 pounds.
All of the eliminated players were eligible to compete for the $100,000 at-home prize. Tumi Oguntala, 41, of Clifton Park, N.Y., took home the prize. Her starting weight was 319 pounds, and she lost 175 pounds, or about 55 percent.
Frederickson, whose starting weight was 260 pounds, lost 155 pounds, or almost 60 percent. The former competitive swimmer now weighs 105 pounds and won the $250,000 grand prize.
Saleem started at 358 pounds and lost 188 pounds, or 52.5 percent, and now weighs 170 pounds. Brown lost 222 of his 409 pounds, or 54 percent, and now weighs 187 pounds.
"The Biggest Loser" airs on NBC.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: CTRappleye
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Gay marriage debate is changing how Americans...
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- LDS Church History Symposium presenter...
- Some LDS missionaries coming home from...
- Temple tax: European court rules LDS... 98
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 74
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 49
- When Satan steals your motherhood 41
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 40
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to... 35
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- 'Son of God' is strong on production,... 20