When to watch: Races to be determined.
Snowboard: Jessika Jenson, 22, of Rigby, Idaho, is one of four women on the women’s snowboard slopestyle team. Slopestyle is a new event for snowboarders in the Olympics.
When to watch: The qualifications are on Thursday, Feb. 6, with the semifinals and finals on Sunday, Feb. 9.
Bobsled: David Bissett, 34, took bronze in the four-man bobsled in the 2010 Games in Vancouver with teammates Lyndon Rush, Chris Le Bihan and Lascelles Brown.
Bissett, who served a mission in Las Vegas and is in the Crystalridge Ward, Calgary Alberta Foothills Stake, is on the Canada 1 sled with driver Rush. This will be Bissett's third Olympics.
When to watch: The first two heats are on Saturday, Feb. 22, and the second two on Sunday, Feb. 23.
Skeleton: Eric Neilson, 33, of the Victoria 1st Ward, Victoria British Columbia Stake, tried the sport because of the 2010 Games in Vancouver and a friend's invitation to try it with him, according to his profile on the Canada Skeleton website. Since he’s been hooked on the sport, he made his World Cup debut in 2011 and was fourth at the 2013 World Championships in Switzerland.
When to watch: The first two runs are on Friday, Feb. 14, and the final two are on Saturday, Feb. 15.
Snowboard: Torah Bright, who took gold in the halfpipe in 2010, has qualified in three snowboard disciplines for the 2014 Games — halfpipe, slopestyle and snowboard cross. Slopestyle and snowboard cross are new events in the Olympics in Sochi.
Bright, 27, of Cooma, Australia, who lives in the U.S. and is in the Sugar House Ward, Salt Lake Utah Sugar House Stake, carried the flag for her country in the Vancouver Games opening ceremony.
Sochi will be her third Olympics — she was fifth in the halfpipe in 2006 in Torino, Italy.
When to watch: The slopestyle qualifications are on Thursday, Feb. 6, and the semifinals and finals are on Sunday, Feb. 9. The halfpipe competition is on Wednesday, Feb. 12. The snowboard cross races are on Sunday, Feb. 16.
If you know of other LDS athletes competing in the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi, Russia, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- LDS World: Receiving comfort in our afflictions
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after...
- Returned Mormon missionaries in college...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Temple tax: European court rules LDS... 100
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 84
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 56
- When Satan steals your motherhood 44
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after... 14