The difference between men and women in the workforce might not be as great as previously thought.
The Daily Beast reported that the gender pay gap is closer to 5 cents rather than the often-believed 77 cent difference. But does it come down to career choices? The Daily Beast showed that male-dominated college majors often make more money, which leads to the pay separation.
“The sexes, taken as a group, are somewhat different," wrote The Daily Beast. "Women, far more than men, appear to be drawn to jobs in the caring professions; and men are more likely to turn up in people-free zones. In the pursuit of happiness, men and women appear to take different paths.”
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- The 10 most livable small towns
- There's a video for that: How YouTube brings...
- Remodeling? Experts say some projects add to...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Plan to simplify 2015 health renewals may...
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience
- Closet clutter: How having fewer,...
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 13
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 12
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 9
- Does getting married really increase... 8
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 7
- Remodeling? Experts say some projects... 5
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4
- Sneaky tricks restaurants use to make... 3