The difference between men and women in the workforce might not be as great as previously thought.
The Daily Beast reported that the gender pay gap is closer to 5 cents rather than the often-believed 77 cent difference. But does it come down to career choices? The Daily Beast showed that male-dominated college majors often make more money, which leads to the pay separation.
“The sexes, taken as a group, are somewhat different," wrote The Daily Beast. "Women, far more than men, appear to be drawn to jobs in the caring professions; and men are more likely to turn up in people-free zones. In the pursuit of happiness, men and women appear to take different paths.”
- The 15 best affordable burgers in the Wasatch...
- Tiny houses big with consumers seeking...
- 3 cool energy-saving home improvements for...
- Boehner, McConnell blast Obama border request
- Gray gambling: How gaming impacts seniors
- Society thinks life ends after 55 years of...
- More part-time jobs not a good sign, some...
- 3 simple steps for building financial...
- Boehner, McConnell blast Obama border... 41
- US unemployment aid applications fall... 11
- Utah gas prices climb 14 cents from... 9
- More part-time jobs not a good sign,... 9
- GOED announces incentives for 500 new... 3
- Balancing act: Fight workplace bullying... 2
- 3 simple steps for building financial... 1
- Gray gambling: How gaming impacts seniors 1