The difference between men and women in the workforce might not be as great as previously thought.
The Daily Beast reported that the gender pay gap is closer to 5 cents rather than the often-believed 77 cent difference. But does it come down to career choices? The Daily Beast showed that male-dominated college majors often make more money, which leads to the pay separation.
“The sexes, taken as a group, are somewhat different," wrote The Daily Beast. "Women, far more than men, appear to be drawn to jobs in the caring professions; and men are more likely to turn up in people-free zones. In the pursuit of happiness, men and women appear to take different paths.”
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid covering the...
- 11 family friendly cars
- 10 things that are wicked attractive about...
- 6 financial moves to prevent sleepless nights
- Balancing act: Survey: Office etiquette has...
- All aboard: How to win the budget battle with...
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- How to eat on just $4 a day
- How to eat on just $4 a day 16
- California push to avert higher gas... 10
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid... 10
- 10 things to know about corporate... 10
- Mimicking the airlines, hotels get... 9
- Burger King in talks to buy Tim Hortons 7
- All aboard: How to win the budget... 3
- 15 actions families are taking today to... 3