The difference between men and women in the workforce might not be as great as previously thought.
The Daily Beast reported that the gender pay gap is closer to 5 cents rather than the often-believed 77 cent difference. But does it come down to career choices? The Daily Beast showed that male-dominated college majors often make more money, which leads to the pay separation.
“The sexes, taken as a group, are somewhat different," wrote The Daily Beast. "Women, far more than men, appear to be drawn to jobs in the caring professions; and men are more likely to turn up in people-free zones. In the pursuit of happiness, men and women appear to take different paths.”
- Should cash be part of your emergency fund?
- 3 reasons Utah is a great place for students
- Why the CEO of the Container Store pays...
- Top 10 insurance myths that people think are...
- How to take the scare out of the cost of...
- Should you install your own kitchen cabinets?
- 6 ways to jump-start your savings account
- 9 things we routinely overpay for
- Why the CEO of the Container Store pays... 9
- Americans still prefer male bosses 8
- Landlords may be charging pet fees just... 7
- 9 things we routinely overpay for 6
- Employers and job seekers might as well... 5
- Pay raises are more rare despite strong... 4
- Facebook is now helping its female... 4
- Egg freezing is now a perk of the... 4