The difference between men and women in the workforce might not be as great as previously thought.
The Daily Beast reported that the gender pay gap is closer to 5 cents rather than the often-believed 77 cent difference. But does it come down to career choices? The Daily Beast showed that male-dominated college majors often make more money, which leads to the pay separation.
“The sexes, taken as a group, are somewhat different," wrote The Daily Beast. "Women, far more than men, appear to be drawn to jobs in the caring professions; and men are more likely to turn up in people-free zones. In the pursuit of happiness, men and women appear to take different paths.”
- Student loan recipients on 'strike'... 75
- Does it really matter if you grew up... 7
- Obama calls for payday loan regulations... 5
- Renovation Solutions: How to survive a... 2
- Dave Ramsey says: Paying kids for good... 2
- Michelle Singletary: Short-term loans... 2
- What 'The Office' teaches us about job... 1
- Political polarization is a driving... 1