The difference between men and women in the workforce might not be as great as previously thought.
The Daily Beast reported that the gender pay gap is closer to 5 cents rather than the often-believed 77 cent difference. But does it come down to career choices? The Daily Beast showed that male-dominated college majors often make more money, which leads to the pay separation.
“The sexes, taken as a group, are somewhat different," wrote The Daily Beast. "Women, far more than men, appear to be drawn to jobs in the caring professions; and men are more likely to turn up in people-free zones. In the pursuit of happiness, men and women appear to take different paths.”
- Steve Eaton: eBay exile is small price to pay...
- More Americans spending at least half their...
- How to fight the prom price war
- Rural hospitals struggle to stay open, adapt...
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view of the...
- Michelle Singletary: Stop picking on the poor
- Dave Ramsey says: Personal finance is all...
- Crowdfunding: Where social media meets...
- Michelle Singletary: Stop picking on... 21
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 7
- Pope echoes feminist anthem of equal... 6
- More Americans spending at least half... 5
- $100 million for a home? Luxury buyers... 4
- We finally understand what robots mean... 2
- Exxon's 1Q profit falls 46 percent amid... 1
- Rural hospitals struggle to stay open,... 1