The difference between men and women in the workforce might not be as great as previously thought.
The Daily Beast reported that the gender pay gap is closer to 5 cents rather than the often-believed 77 cent difference. But does it come down to career choices? The Daily Beast showed that male-dominated college majors often make more money, which leads to the pay separation.
“The sexes, taken as a group, are somewhat different," wrote The Daily Beast. "Women, far more than men, appear to be drawn to jobs in the caring professions; and men are more likely to turn up in people-free zones. In the pursuit of happiness, men and women appear to take different paths.”
- Top 10 money mistakes new parents make
- How 'Shark Tank' investor Daymond John...
- Balancing act: Stress, burnout, mistakes top...
- Digital Savant: How to be a ghost (online)
- The marriage between economic success and...
- How saving for retirement requires change in...
- The family is America's No. 1 priority when...
- Dave Ramsey says: Investing in a more...
- 3 reasons Utah is a great place for... 4
- Charity, it does a body good 3
- How one woman got rid of $20,000 in... 2
- Stocks mostly lower as oil sinks,... 2
- Smartphone data encryption causing... 2
- 5 questions to ask on the way to the ER 2
- This billionaire is going to die broke... 2
- How saving for retirement requires... 1