BYU track: Cougars travel to New York City for the New Balance Invitational
BYU women’s track and field travels to New York City to compete in the prestigious New Balance Invitational at the Armory on Friday and Saturday, Feb. 7 and 8.
More than 100 universities and colleges across the nation will participate in the 14th annual invitational this weekend.
“New York is always one of the favorite trips of the indoor season and there is a lot of history at the Armory,” head coach Ed Eyestone said. “We hope we can represent BYU well. This should be a good tune up for Seattle next weekend and is a big step toward our conference championship meet.”
Andrea Nelson Harrison will compete in the invitational 5K, alongside teammates Maren Fassmann and Jennica Redd. Alyssa Monteverde and Nicole Laws will compete in the 60m hurdles invitational section. Arlene Gowar will be the only runner to represent BYU in the invitational 60m dash, and freshman Lauren Baxter will run in the open section of the 60m dash.
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 2
- College football countdown No. 39: BYU...
- BYU football: Certain games on the schedule...
- 10 local storylines to follow as NFL training...
- Rock On: Props for Mitt and 'Tag
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise; is BYU...
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says it...
- BYU basketball officially adds transfer guard...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 105
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 54
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 50
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 46
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 34
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 23
- Backfield to the future: Hill, Williams... 12