BYU track: Cougars travel to New York City for the New Balance Invitational
BYU women’s track and field travels to New York City to compete in the prestigious New Balance Invitational at the Armory on Friday and Saturday, Feb. 7 and 8.
More than 100 universities and colleges across the nation will participate in the 14th annual invitational this weekend.
“New York is always one of the favorite trips of the indoor season and there is a lot of history at the Armory,” head coach Ed Eyestone said. “We hope we can represent BYU well. This should be a good tune up for Seattle next weekend and is a big step toward our conference championship meet.”
Andrea Nelson Harrison will compete in the invitational 5K, alongside teammates Maren Fassmann and Jennica Redd. Alyssa Monteverde and Nicole Laws will compete in the 60m hurdles invitational section. Arlene Gowar will be the only runner to represent BYU in the invitational 60m dash, and freshman Lauren Baxter will run in the open section of the 60m dash.
- Quiz: How much do you really know about BYU...
- BYU football media day: Live coverage
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: How well do you remember BYU's 1984...
- Sitake making transition from longtime...
- About Utah: Miracle Bowl BYU receiver Ryan...
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans proclaimed...
- Several Utahns competing in this week's...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 61
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 23
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- BYU football receives commitment from... 15