BYU track: Cougars to compete in New Balance Armory Invitational
With the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation conference championships meet just three weeks away, No. 25 BYU men’s track & field will travel to New York to compete in the New Balance Armory Invitational Friday and Saturday, Feb. 7-8.
“New York is always one of the favorite trips of the indoor season and there is a lot of history at the Armory,” head coach Ed Eyestone said. “We hope we can represent BYU well. This should be a good tune up for Seattle next weekend and is a big step toward our conference championship meet.”
The Cougars are led in the pole vault by Braydon Bringhurst and will look for strong performances from Tommy Gruenewald in the mile, Zachary Stetler and Craig Merkley in the throws, and Jared Ward in the distance races.
Friday’s events start at 9:30 a.m. EST and finish at 8:30 p.m. Saturday starts at 8:30 a.m. EST. The meet ends with the closing ceremony at 6:00 p.m. The full event schedule can be found on the RunnerSpace website, where live results will also be made available.
Justin Green is the SID over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications as well as BYU Rugby. He is a BYU student majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2014. Email: justinjgreen8@gmail.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 55
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 47
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 44
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 13
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 12
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 12