There are two kinds of churches in America today, writes David Gushee for ABP News. Some churches, the older ones, are declining and are starting to lose members. While others, like Summit Church, are attracting younger audiences and millenials.
What does this change mean for the future of churches in America, though?
“How will those seven newly dunked believers be doing on Feb. 4, 2024? Only God knows. And only God will judge the faithfulness of any church's ministry (cf. 1 Cor. 4:1-5). Neither numbers nor lack thereof prove anything,” wrote Gushee. “But no sniffing, please. Something important is happening at this church and others like it. All of us had better pay attention."
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Religious groups react to Boy Scouts’...
- 14 surprising, heartwarming videos of LDS...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- DJ Kaskade talks about sticking to LDS...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Passing the torch
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in Salt...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 286
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 104
- Religious groups react to Boy... 59
- Do contraceptive rules make religious... 41
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy... 30
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 20
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces first... 14
- ... 10