There are two kinds of churches in America today, writes David Gushee for ABP News. Some churches, the older ones, are declining and are starting to lose members. While others, like Summit Church, are attracting younger audiences and millenials.
What does this change mean for the future of churches in America, though?
“How will those seven newly dunked believers be doing on Feb. 4, 2024? Only God knows. And only God will judge the faithfulness of any church's ministry (cf. 1 Cor. 4:1-5). Neither numbers nor lack thereof prove anything,” wrote Gushee. “But no sniffing, please. Something important is happening at this church and others like it. All of us had better pay attention."
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Over half a million people attended Ogden...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- LDS apostle Elder Russell M. Nelson turns 90
- Should I stay or should I go? How faith adds...
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 17
- Here's how U.S. churches are changing... 15
- Ted Cruz was booed off stage for... 14
- Should I stay or should I go? How faith... 10
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 10
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- The biggest band in the world is also... 7
- How net neutrality impacts online news... 6