There are two kinds of churches in America today, writes David Gushee for ABP News. Some churches, the older ones, are declining and are starting to lose members. While others, like Summit Church, are attracting younger audiences and millenials.
What does this change mean for the future of churches in America, though?
“How will those seven newly dunked believers be doing on Feb. 4, 2024? Only God knows. And only God will judge the faithfulness of any church's ministry (cf. 1 Cor. 4:1-5). Neither numbers nor lack thereof prove anything,” wrote Gushee. “But no sniffing, please. Something important is happening at this church and others like it. All of us had better pay attention."
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries...
- Seeking and sorrowing: Sisters of the Prophet...
- Are church youth dances outdated?
- Returned Mormon missionary wins Ms. Virginia...
- Rare LDS Church document discovered that...
- Defending the Faith: The mystery of the...
- Joseph and Emma Smith as parents
- Elder Nelson dedicates Life Sciences...
- Defending the Faith: The mystery of the... 72
- Faith groups urge Supreme Court to... 61
- Are church youth dances outdated? 56
- Returned Mormon missionary wins Ms.... 38
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries... 37
- Elder Nelson dedicates Life Sciences... 13
- Okla. attorney general wants private... 12
- Thousands of Churches to Join April 26... 10