There are two kinds of churches in America today, writes David Gushee for ABP News. Some churches, the older ones, are declining and are starting to lose members. While others, like Summit Church, are attracting younger audiences and millenials.
What does this change mean for the future of churches in America, though?
“How will those seven newly dunked believers be doing on Feb. 4, 2024? Only God knows. And only God will judge the faithfulness of any church's ministry (cf. 1 Cor. 4:1-5). Neither numbers nor lack thereof prove anything,” wrote Gushee. “But no sniffing, please. Something important is happening at this church and others like it. All of us had better pay attention."
- Defending the Faith: The Book of Mormon...
- LDS sister missionary from Kaysville killed...
- Sister Linda K. Burton writes about emotional...
- Praying together to stay together? The role...
- Understanding DNA testing in family history
- How Darwin Day has evolved in the U.S.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces virtual...
- David Archuleta says ‘most fulfilling...
- Defending the Faith: The Book of Mormon... 68
- Darwin Day notwithstanding, evolution... 21
- LDS sister missionary from Kaysville... 14
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces 7... 8
- Bernie Sanders supported religious... 8
- How Darwin Day has evolved in the U.S. 8
- Evangelical leaders denounce Selective... 6
- ... 4