Two-way player for Fort White High (Fla.) is projected to play running back for the Utes … Associated Press 4A first-team all-state running back his senior season … had 3,583 career all-purpose yards, including 2,897 rushing, 162 receiving and 524 on kickoff returns … averaged 72.4 yards a game rushing (8.4 average) and had 27 rushing touchdowns in his career … his senior season, he rushed 184 times for a school-record 1,819 yards (9.89 average) and 21 touchdowns … had five games over 255 yards, with a season-best 374 yards and four touchdowns in win over Tallahassee HS … also played cornerback, where his career totals were 88 tackles and six pass breakups … led Fort White High to its first district title ever in 2013 by rushing for 276 yards on 35 carries and scoring four touchdowns against Taylor County … lettered four years in football and three years in track and field, participating in the 100 and 200 meters and the long jump.
KENRIC YOUNG: WR, 6-2, 180, Gainesville (Fla.) High School
All-North Florida region and all-area in 2013 … two-way player for Gainesville High (Fla.) had 22 receptions for 450 yards (20.46 average) and six touchdowns as a senior … also had 37 tackles and four pass breakups ... Gainesville played for the state championship his junior season … also runs track and placed third at the 2013 3A state meet in the 400 meters … second in the 400 meters at the 3A Region 1 meet with a personal best 47.68 clocking … third in the 400 meters in the FSU Relays … Gainesville Sun all-area sprinter had best times of 10.82 in the 100 meters and 21.70 in the 200 meters.
DACORIUS 'DJ' LAW: RB, 5-10, 182, Haines City (Fla.) High School
First-team all-state by The Ledger newspaper in Lakeland, Fla. … Tampa Bay Times' Class 7A second-team all-state running back … first-team all-Polk County … second-leading rusher in Polk County in 2013 with 1,275 yards on 109 carries (11.7 average) and 13 touchdowns … in back-to-back games to end his senior season, he rushed for 147 yards and 269 yards (including a 97-yard scoring run) … also had a punt return and a kickoff return for touchdowns in his last two games at Haines City HS (Fla.) … as a junior, he rushed for 1,034 yards and eight touchdowns and his sophomore season, he finished with just more than 500 rushing yards … has 4.35 40 speed.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 55
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 54
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48