Two-way player for Fort White High (Fla.) is projected to play running back for the Utes … Associated Press 4A first-team all-state running back his senior season … had 3,583 career all-purpose yards, including 2,897 rushing, 162 receiving and 524 on kickoff returns … averaged 72.4 yards a game rushing (8.4 average) and had 27 rushing touchdowns in his career … his senior season, he rushed 184 times for a school-record 1,819 yards (9.89 average) and 21 touchdowns … had five games over 255 yards, with a season-best 374 yards and four touchdowns in win over Tallahassee HS … also played cornerback, where his career totals were 88 tackles and six pass breakups … led Fort White High to its first district title ever in 2013 by rushing for 276 yards on 35 carries and scoring four touchdowns against Taylor County … lettered four years in football and three years in track and field, participating in the 100 and 200 meters and the long jump.
KENRIC YOUNG: WR, 6-2, 180, Gainesville (Fla.) High School
All-North Florida region and all-area in 2013 … two-way player for Gainesville High (Fla.) had 22 receptions for 450 yards (20.46 average) and six touchdowns as a senior … also had 37 tackles and four pass breakups ... Gainesville played for the state championship his junior season … also runs track and placed third at the 2013 3A state meet in the 400 meters … second in the 400 meters at the 3A Region 1 meet with a personal best 47.68 clocking … third in the 400 meters in the FSU Relays … Gainesville Sun all-area sprinter had best times of 10.82 in the 100 meters and 21.70 in the 200 meters.
DACORIUS 'DJ' LAW: RB, 5-10, 182, Haines City (Fla.) High School
First-team all-state by The Ledger newspaper in Lakeland, Fla. … Tampa Bay Times' Class 7A second-team all-state running back … first-team all-Polk County … second-leading rusher in Polk County in 2013 with 1,275 yards on 109 carries (11.7 average) and 13 touchdowns … in back-to-back games to end his senior season, he rushed for 147 yards and 269 yards (including a 97-yard scoring run) … also had a punt return and a kickoff return for touchdowns in his last two games at Haines City HS (Fla.) … as a junior, he rushed for 1,034 yards and eight touchdowns and his sophomore season, he finished with just more than 500 rushing yards … has 4.35 40 speed.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 33
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 26
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches 17
- 3 Utes, 1 Aggie and 1 Cougar selected... 14