Bomb threat on bathroom stall cancels after-school activities in Juab district
NEPHI — Juab School District officials canceled all after-school activities Tuesday when a bomb threat was found scrawled on a bathroom stall.
The message, written in a bathroom at Nebo View Elementary School, 380 E. 200 North, was discovered by a student about 2:30 p.m. Tuesday. It stated that a bomb would go off in a local school the next day but didn't specify where.
A basketball game at Juab High School was canceled as a precaution, as well as city recreation programs hosted in area elementary schools.
Juab School District Superintendent Rick Robins announced at 7 p.m. that police had resolved the situation and classes and activities in the school district will resume Wednesday.
As a parent himself, Robins shared his relief that the schools, as well as their students and staff, were all safe.
School officials and Nephi police met with a student they believe wrote the message as well as the student's parents. The district has not yet decided whether any action will be taken against the student.
— McKenzie Romero
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 43
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29