What can we do that will reduce air pollution? We can bring tanker tucks filled with E85 ethanol fuel into the metropolitan area. We can then sell that fuel at a subsidized price to everyone who has a compatible vehicle.
I've driven 25,000 miles on ethanol and I can't see any difference between gasoline and ethanol in engine performance or miles per gallon. I switched back to gasoline because I have to drive 40 miles to find an ethanol station. Although I have a license to easily manufacture ethanol, I can't do it for less than $5 per gallon.
Why should I use clean-burning ethanol when I can buy cheap high-polluting gasoline at much less than $5 per gallon?
West Valley City
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- In our opinion: Fred Adams' Shakespeare...
- About Utah: How this Utahn turned a chance...
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies and...
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 46
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 38
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 37
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 30
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30
- Letter: Acting presidential 30
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 22