What can we do that will reduce air pollution? We can bring tanker tucks filled with E85 ethanol fuel into the metropolitan area. We can then sell that fuel at a subsidized price to everyone who has a compatible vehicle.
I've driven 25,000 miles on ethanol and I can't see any difference between gasoline and ethanol in engine performance or miles per gallon. I switched back to gasoline because I have to drive 40 miles to find an ethanol station. Although I have a license to easily manufacture ethanol, I can't do it for less than $5 per gallon.
Why should I use clean-burning ethanol when I can buy cheap high-polluting gasoline at much less than $5 per gallon?
West Valley City
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Robert Bennett: Hamas and its financial...
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook for...
- Can Hollywood keep the faith in faith-based...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 94
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 72
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 49
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Breeding hate 44
- Letter: Policy disagreement 42
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 36