What can we do that will reduce air pollution? We can bring tanker tucks filled with E85 ethanol fuel into the metropolitan area. We can then sell that fuel at a subsidized price to everyone who has a compatible vehicle.
I've driven 25,000 miles on ethanol and I can't see any difference between gasoline and ethanol in engine performance or miles per gallon. I switched back to gasoline because I have to drive 40 miles to find an ethanol station. Although I have a license to easily manufacture ethanol, I can't do it for less than $5 per gallon.
Why should I use clean-burning ethanol when I can buy cheap high-polluting gasoline at much less than $5 per gallon?
West Valley City
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 65
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 51
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 44
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- Letter: Stimulate the economy 29
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools... 26
- My view: Women’s equality —... 25