What can we do that will reduce air pollution? We can bring tanker tucks filled with E85 ethanol fuel into the metropolitan area. We can then sell that fuel at a subsidized price to everyone who has a compatible vehicle.
I've driven 25,000 miles on ethanol and I can't see any difference between gasoline and ethanol in engine performance or miles per gallon. I switched back to gasoline because I have to drive 40 miles to find an ethanol station. Although I have a license to easily manufacture ethanol, I can't do it for less than $5 per gallon.
Why should I use clean-burning ethanol when I can buy cheap high-polluting gasoline at much less than $5 per gallon?
West Valley City
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- In our opinion: Repairing Salt Lake City streets
- Arthur Cyr: North Korea’s leaders...
- George F. Will: Britain at the crossroads
- In our opinion: Transitioning from coal to...
- My view: The one thing that could solve...
- In our opinion: Increased on-screen violence...
- John Florez: Have students become pawns for...
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 53
- In our opinion: Transitioning from coal... 40
- Michael Gerson: The Trump train is... 34
- My view: Character still matters in... 26
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 23
- Mia Love: America's soldiers are... 23
- Letter: Obama visits Hiroshima 21
- In our opinion: Remembering Hiroshima... 20