What can we do that will reduce air pollution? We can bring tanker tucks filled with E85 ethanol fuel into the metropolitan area. We can then sell that fuel at a subsidized price to everyone who has a compatible vehicle.
I've driven 25,000 miles on ethanol and I can't see any difference between gasoline and ethanol in engine performance or miles per gallon. I switched back to gasoline because I have to drive 40 miles to find an ethanol station. Although I have a license to easily manufacture ethanol, I can't do it for less than $5 per gallon.
Why should I use clean-burning ethanol when I can buy cheap high-polluting gasoline at much less than $5 per gallon?
West Valley City
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 56
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 29
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 26
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21
- Letter: Idle elimination 19
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will... 19