The BYU women’s tennis team hits the road for a two-game swing when it faces Washington State on Friday at 10 a.m. PST and Boise State on Saturday at 10 a.m. MST.
The Cougars (0-2) look to break into the win column for the first time this season, after falling to two ranked opponents in their first two matches, 7-0 to No. 28 Tulsa and 4-3 to No. 41 Washington.
Against the Huskies, three freshmen picked up their first victories of the season.
At first singles, Mayci Jones clinched the two-set win over Grace Ysidora, 7-5, 6-4. Savannah Ware won in two sets as well, outlasting her opponent 6-4, 7-6 (6), while Toby Miclat sealed her win in the third set, 7-5, 5-7, 10-5.
Fans can follow the live scoring for Saturday’s match on the Boise State athletics website.
BYU’s home opener will be against No. 54 Denver on Feb. 15 at 10 a.m. MST.
McKay Perry is the sports information director for BYU men's and women's tennis. Contact him at email@example.com
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 1
- Doug Robinson: Why this mother of four is my...
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond):...
- Brad Rock: Big 12 and BYU overshadow instate...
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU sports is...
- College basketball: BYU, Utah, Utah State and...
- Morning links: National college football...
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 2
- Morning links: National college... 96
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 91
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 57
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 23
- Brad Rock: Big 12 and BYU overshadow... 13